Same sex marriage in NC?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Gomer Pyle, Jul 27, 2011.

?

Dp you support same sex marriage in NC?

1. Yes

22 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No

31 vote(s)
    56.4%
  3. undecided

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

God made Adam to be with Eve, NOT Steve.

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Well at least you didn't use the proper word; "Santorum" :jester:

3. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

The Bible also considers contraception a Sin,so I know there's a lot of sinners out there especially since the Bible also considers Sex before marriage a Sin!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

And you never even mentioned those evil eaters of shellfish!

5. CAROLINA SUN

CAROLINA SUN Well-Known Member

Agree with Harley, marriage is between a man and woman. Call it something else like "Legal Union". Thank You:lol:

6. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I'm glad you were able to "catch" it :mrgreen:

7. tukasiya

tukasiya Well-Known Member

I wish that some of you folks would keep religion out of this argument. The "church" is not the entity that legalizes marriage, the state does that. I understand that "marriage" is something that supposedly grew out of religion, but this argument about who should or can marry has become nothing but a political issue. The church should not be involved in government issues and government should not be involved in the church issues. Legal "marriages" or unions is NOT a church issue.

Please tell me how a legal same sex union is going to affect your legal "union".

8. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

Yes. If being a Christian means I have to deny someone the right to a normal, happy life because of their sexual orientation maybe I should rethink things.

9. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Civil law should be made in the absence of religious belief. If not, what differentiates the law from other religious cultures, even the ones that some of us are seemingly having a war against.

It is not up to the state to say whom a person can love. It should not be the state's decision to discriminate.

We support marriage, regardless of sexual identity.

10. Lolly42

Lolly42 Well-Known Member

Glass houses.......

11. Disregarding the subject at hand and going straight for the insult? How very liberal (and very Hugh) of you.

12. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Yes.

If marriage is "holy" why does it take a license from the government to get married and a government court order to end one?

Way too much emphasis being given to the issue in the political arena.

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

That one obviously went over your head based on your response.

14. No it didn't. Actually it would have been beneath the HughT that used to post here. Unfortunately, insults and low brow humor seem to be the norm for you now. Sad.

15. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

To the best of my knowledge there has only been one HughT that has ever posted here. Can you say the same? If you can, then can you say it without getting banned and coming back as someone else?

16. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Now that's funny!

17. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

where's the "doesn't matter to me" option?

18. All in the Kool-Aid and don't know the flavor. I appreciate you looking foolish, but you may want to read a little closer before you reply to something that has nothing to do with you. Go back to being a hanger-on. It suits you better.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011