Century Link Bill

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Neighborhood MoM, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Neighborhood MoM

Neighborhood MoM Well-Known Member

I am wondering if anyone else found this issue with the latest bill from Century Link? I try to always review our bills to see if nothing has changed as they have done so without my knowledge another issue there, but today I opened my bill they showed a $5.00 late charge. I do all my bills by direct banking so I have electronic dates to show when payment was made and it cleared bank account. I called them they had no clue how or why that showed up on my bill, but of course they credited it immediately. I just wondered if this has happened to anyone else this billing cycle? If you use Century Link please check your billing? I am curious to see if I am a isolated case or if they had a problem in the billing cycle this round. Thank you.

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I just opened mine and it was the same as it normally is, no extra Late Fee's.

3. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Funny you just posted this, as I too just opened my bill and I have a late charge as well! I will be calling.

4. bandmom

do you pay yours electronically? just curious cause I do and had the late fee too.

5. Neighborhood MoM

I too do electronic bill pay too. Interesting huh. If you find out why you got the late charges let me know please.

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I pay it electronically as a "one time charge", I don't let them just withdraw it every month.

7. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I got mine also, I cut the phone off 2 months ago, kept the internetS and my bill is $105.79? :lol::lol:
    I pay online I don't TRUST them to take the correct amount out of my account without me KNOWING.

Ooooo they are gonna GIT it when i get home today!!! I can't wait. :twisted::twisted:

8. bandmom

Mine isn't withdrawn by them either, I pay all my bills through my bank, and for Centurylink it's sent as an electronic payment vs by them sending a check.

9. siameselover

siameselover Well-Known Member

i got mine yesterday and it was 20 dollars more. i cancelled them and went with time warner. just in time!luckily i wont have to pay it

10. Neighborhood MoM

Century Link Bills

I said I had another can of worms with them with my original message I posted about my bill. They changed my calling plan without notifying me nor with my request. I got a bill in the mail to the tune of $400.00 dollars mark on a Saturday and had to sit on it till the business office opened on Monday. It took me two weeks for them to get it to the department for crediting our account.Even though it was their fault I had to pay in full and wait for them to credit me my money on our future bills from their mistake. This billing issue took 2 months in the billing cycle to get it straightened out with more overage charges and more time for crediting my account. That is why I am tender over any unusual charges on my bill. I am sure you understand how I must have felt with that. That is why I am always checking their bills very carefully. I finally had to contact the FCC because it was called Slamming when that occurs with the phone company doing that to you without prior notice or request for changes. Has this happened to anyone else here? I was so frustrated and angry with the phone company that I wanted to disconnect them but had to have a land line at that time.

11. Princess

Princess Member

I had TONS of issues with Century Link when we first got them a year ago. The first 5 months, my bill was too much. They would change my service. I would call and complain to get my service changed back since I had not requested a change. The next month they would charge me a fee for changing my service. It took MANY phone calls and MANY credits to my account. I got to the point that I would call them any time my internet went out for a few hours and tell them I needed a credit for the time I could not use my internet even if it was just a dollar or so credit. After this initial 5 months, our internet suddenly works perfectly and our bill is always right.

12. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting this thread and alerting us!!! I checked my bill and all looks well. It is amazing how many people, (including me) who don't really look at the bills, I just pay them!!! Need to be more cautious. Thanks!!

13. jjganny

jjganny Well-Known Member

Have any of you noticed your computer freezing(with Century Link). My has been doing it often & I thought I had a virus trying to get in, but a friend asked me the same question. Said it was Century Link's fault.

14. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

Mine drops out regularly. My sister in law's husband works for century link. He can use his computer at home/work to check my line. He says there's a bottle neck in Rocky Mount. All our internet in this community goes through there. They changed out some switches a couple of months ago and mine was fine for a while. Now the gremlins are back. Around 6am, I'll drop a connection 2-3 times a week. Almost every time we have a thunderstorm, I lose service. It comes right back on in a couple of minutes but darn.