Headquarters Salon vs Do It At Home

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Mar 17, 2010.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Gotcha! Thanks!

2. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Maddy's back!!!!!! I had an appt. today with someone else and that person stood me up....don't know the reason yet so I won't judge, but I'm not the only one she has left out in the cold. I have an important business trip on Monday and had to have my hair done today. I called up to the salon at WalMart on 42 near 40/42 and Maddy was working and told me to come on up. She worked me in and did a wonderful job!!!!! Their prices aren't much different from what Maddy charged before she left either. Maddy saved the day for me! :hurray:
    Postnote---I just found out why I was stood up. Looks like Sidney's Salon has closed for good. Just wish I had been called and told about it instead of showing up to a locked door.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  3. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

When did Maddy get back? My hair has gotten in a mess since she left! Pat

4. Luvgoose1

She came back last week and started work Thursday. Sunday and Monday are her days off but she is eager to resume taking care of her previous clients asap!

5. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

So glad she is back!! Gonna call her. She is really a good stylist! THANKS, Pat

6. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Maddy is now at D Christie Inc is a Salon at 8926 Cleveland Road, Clayton, NC 27520. Her # is 771-4139.

7. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

You sure are a dedicated client to follow her all over the universe.
    Believe me, I UNDERSTSTAND!!!! :lol::lol:
    Oct 1st, next date for me to get my hair did and it'll be a DRASTIC change!! I can't wait.

8. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Yep, I would follow her to the MOON! I am actually glad she left the other two places she was working at. This one is far better.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I used to go to D.Christie, but it is such a drive for me from my home. I work up this way now though, and if I didn't love my current girl so much, I would switch back. Dana is fantastic. I had perfect strangers stop me and ask who cut my hair. :cheers:

10. Luvgoose1

The good news: Maddy is at D. Christie Salon...and I also followed her there. The bad news: that is right next door to Charlie's BBQ and now that I have tried it (take out) hubby and I are hooked! :drool:

11. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

I will try Charlie next time I go up. There is a $1 off coupon on their website.

12. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

You won't be disappointed.

13. Savealot

Savealot Well-Known Member

About how much does Maddie charge for cut, color, few highlights? thanks

14. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

Just give her a call!!!!!! She is soooooooooooo good. I to followed her to Christie's I know you will like her. Pat

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  15. AnnetteL

That's exactly what I'll need too,is it over or under $100? ;)

16. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

I talked to Maddie & it is under $100!!!!!!!! Try her, I know you will like her work. Pat

17. AnnetteL

Thanks!

18. Ro

Ro Well-Known Member

Do it at home

I used to go to Headquarters too and also went to Andrea & Co so I could have Jenny do my hair. Since prices have gotten so out of hand I stopped going. One day in Sally's I met a gal named Michele who does hair in her home. She used to work at a salon in Cary. She lives in Broadmoor and is available most of the time. She is getting busy. My hair is short, I go for a touch up every 4 weeks for less than $30. She has also given me low lights again, very reasonable. Let6 me know if you'd like her phone number.

Ro

19. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

This wouldn't qualify as "do it at home" unless you mean your stylist's home. :lol: I also have a stylist that lives in my neighborhood that does mine for cheaper than most salons, but I would never attempt to do my own highlights! (Actually I have attempted it, and it was not pretty! Yes, had the foils out and everything! Disaster!)

20. AnnetteL

I had Maddie do my hair today,it came out great and the price was reasonable!
    I'm very pleased! I can highly recommend her!