Getting rid of baby stuff

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by keemom, Aug 2, 2011.

1. keemom

keemom Well-Known Member

I have tons of baby clothes and stuff that I need to get rid of. Does anyone have any experience selling to either Kids to Kids or Once Upon A Child? I'd like to know if one is better than the other before I go up there. Thanks!

2. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

If you just want to sell it cheap take it to Little Joeys. You wont get much but you don't have to hang it & tag it, etc. If you want to consign, there is a sale coming up on Cleveland School Rd. You have to price and hang your items at time of drop off. If your item doesn't sell, you get to donate it or go back and pick up.

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

4. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Our experience with Once Upon A Child is mixed. Most of it they want you to practically give it to them, but obviously they want to make a profit. Understandable. I hate going there though because you carry in a tub of clothes or whatever and you have to wait in the store for your name to be called or else you get passed up. It's crazy how the estimate prices, too. We carried in a jogging stroller that we probably paid about $80 bucks for tops. We got something like $35. I thought that was good. We carried in our son's fire truck bed that we paid close to $200 for and only got $45. Go figure. However, we couldn't ever get anyone interested in the bed selling it privately so I took the money and ran. No sense in storing something like that. To me, clothes aren't worth it unless its something extra special and then they'll probably low ball you. I'd just assume give it to the Salvation Army.

5. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Children's Orchard or sell on ebay/cl.