Another House Fire in The Meadows

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Navycut, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Navycut

Navycut Well-Known Member

Another house fire at the end of Southfort in the Meadows S/D. Last house on the right. Complete loss. Son Of Ivan the barber at Cleveland Cuts.

2. 4ME2KNOW

4ME2KNOW Well-Known Member

Any word on how it started? I saw it on my way home. Thought it was the school at first. It went up in flames FAST!

Prayers go out to the family!

3. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

:cry:

That's strange...we are in the Southwoods subdivision and didn't hear sirens or anything. Some thunder, but nothing else unusual...sorry to hear this; I hope everyone is ok.

4. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

My Mama & Daddy used to live in Southwoods...well, I did too before moving out on my own yearsssss ago! lol

5. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

It started in the garage, and the family lost everything, including cars and dogs. Very sad. The family is ok though. Said it was gone in 10 minutes!

6. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

We had stopped when we saw it too. I feel just AWFUL for the family but glad that they are all ok. Does anyone know if anybody has started something for donations and all that? :cry:

7. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Their church family is working on it now. Can pass along info as soon as I hear. Its very heartbreaking.

8. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

That's awful!

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Were all the houses built by the same builder?

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i was wondering the same thing and also do they think there could be possible arson involved or is it just coincidence. It is absolutely horrible for the families involved just very grateful no one was hurt in either one.

12. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

the wral article indicates they found reasons for the other fires; faulty attic fan wiring and the other started in the garage, as did this last one - they don't think it's arson.

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It's an awful lot of faulty wiring.

We hadn't been in our house long when the light fixture over the sink sparked. Had my sister not been there house sitting, there is no telling what would have happened, since we were out of town. DH had to re-wire it and I've prayed ever since that was the only one messed up.

14. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Even if the builder or general contractor is identified, who's to say it wasn't neglect by a subcontractor or even the building inspector? That said, the quality of homes we looked at with a builder whose name rhymes with "sturner" were significantly subpar to those we find built by our builder, Tony Carroll.

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I worked for a builder for years, obviously he is not the one actually DOING the work. The subs are. That is my question if you read between the lines. Is it ONE builder who would tend to use the same sub over or was the subdivion developed by different builders therefore likely using different subs?

But if that's who built those houses, that's all I need to know. 8)

16. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

+1

17. cvfdcaptain

cvfdcaptain Well-Known Member

Really? funny part of that is the Fire Marshal is still compiling his report,,,,

18. sheblondy

sheblondy Well-Known Member

It is a total coincidence. Definitely not arson and definitely not related, per a conversation with the Fire Chief. Fire started in garage and was most likely started by Riding Lawn Mower.

For those who are interested, a Fund has been started in their name.
    Thanks

Saturday evening, friends as well as neighbors, the Otero's home was destroyed in a fire. Luckily the family members got out, but 2 animals did perish. They have lost completely everything.
    We have started a donation account to help reconstruct their lives. I beg you to please donate.
    Thank you,
    Michelle Maze

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=2U7X3WMZXKXY6

19. cvfdcaptain

cvfdcaptain Well-Known Member

Not trying to start anything, but please be careful what you say or type, there were pics being posted on FB before we could even get there and they are now being used in the fire report, that means that the photo taker could possibly be subpoenaed if legal action were to be pursued,,

20. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

yep what he said!!:iagree: