Seeking expertise, guidance, and asssistance...Please

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by hhicshg, Aug 2, 2011.

1. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

I need a licensed gun dealer who will receive a gun by mail then I will go pick it up from them.
    Here is the story....My dad did a lot of gun trading and buying and selling. The last time he flew back here, he packaged several up and brought with him (following all the rules). He was the second of five brothers. After he died I was talking to his baby brother and he asked me about the guns. It turned out there was one that was originally his (maybe given him by my dad) and he asked for it. So one year he flew down to the lower 48 to buy a truck and tend some other business then drove back home with the gun. The only thing I asked of him was that it get back to me when the time comes. My dad had it all my life that I remember and Uncle thought it had been burned up in a fire. So he called me today and he cannot send it directly to me even though it is not in operating order. It is a single shot 22 rifle with a hexagon barrel and I really want this as a part of family history.. I have had guns sent to me before but I could just have them sent to the JCSD and go pick it up there. At the time that was for handguns.
    I am asking for suggestions from the 4042 folks since I have been reading on this board for a long time and I feel like if someone on here can push me in the right direction, I could trust the person they suggest.
    TIA

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  2. Neighborhood MoM

Neighborhood MoM Well-Known Member

Shipment of Rifle

I know someone whom would be able to tell you the laws and how they work in transporting Firearms legally. He is out of town today and it maybe late tomorrow before he flies in from out of town. But I promise you I will ask him and have him look at your post and tell me what to let you know what you can do and how to do it legally. I can appreciate how a family heirloom is and how important they are to family. Just hang in there and I hope I will have you some answers in next 24 hours.

3. hhicshg

I would prefer to have it sent to the JCSD but I will have to call in the AM and see what they tell me. I would really appreciate it if you would check with your friend.
    Thanks

4. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Pawn & Gifts, Inc.
    106-11 Bratton Dr.
    Garner, NC 27529
    (919) 329-9255

They are located on the east side of 40/42 behind the Cook Out restaurant and will handle FFL transfers for a nominal fee ($20 last time I checked) and file the paperwork for you.

Your situation is a little different, being that it's a gift and may not be shipping from another FFL but they should be able to steer you in the right direction.

Good luck!

5. hhicshg

Thank you very much. Will call them in a moment.

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Google FFL dealer, theres a guy on GUY Rd. I know and there are several more in our area

7. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

It's a rifle. You should be able to just mail it...insured, of course. :?

But then again, what do I know???? :neutral:

8. hhicshg

TY HG-- one is as close as another. My concern was getting someone reputable. I had some guns stolen from my house and these are things my dad wanted my boys to have.

9. hhicshg

I think at one time you could do just that but times have changed. I have had them sent to the sheriffs dept but they were handguns that had been stolen out in Nevada and were sent from Metro there to law enforcement here. Don't think we dealt with rifles.