Direct TV?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Steeler_Fan, Aug 4, 2011.

1. gdogg79

gdogg79 Well-Known Member

That's what I was afraid of. The service with TWC is good but we pay $58 after taxes & fees for just internet. The same speed at Centurylink is almost the same price as TWC so we'd have to downgrade speed to get a price break.

2. Oneqwkchk

Oneqwkchk Well-Known Member

Had DTV for many years before hubby started working for them. Love it! Never had an major issues..ie. it stays on when it rains and such. I would never go to TWC. They wanted to charge us an excessive amount to run lines down our driveway. We would also find out when they had free weekends of movie channels or 3 months free of them and cancel once that time frame was up.

3. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

that's nuts...I'm paying 29.99 via the intro rate but even after that I don't remember seeing a number that high.

What speed do you have? If it is faster than 10 then why do you need it?

If you must have it, call them and threaten to cancel because of price. They will always cut you a better deal.

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

good luck when your into rate runs out - used to be you could threaten to cancel and they would offer you a better deal but now even the better deal sucks.

5. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

The 80 was for internet and phone. 39 is just for internet.

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I haven't had any issues

7. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I wouldn't be so sure....I know several people that have negotiated at the conclusion of their contract. Maybe you aren't a good negotiator. :lol:

8. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

:iagree:We just fulfilled a 2 year locked in rate contract (phone/internet/cable) and we wanted to drop the phone, but keep the other two. TWC didn't want to give us the $79 rate (for two services) that they were advertising all over tv and in newspapers. It took some time on the phone that night, but we got the rate. We have never had an issue getting the "deal of the day". Just have to be willing to call and aggravate them til they crack. I guess we are lucky. We have had TWC since the 90's without any real issues.

9. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

I just came up for renewal with TWC (TV/phone/Internet), and they wanted to go up $20/month. I called and talked to their retention department and before I was through, my bill went down $20/month from the current bill, saving $40/month vs. what they wanted to charge me.

10. gdogg79

gdogg79 Well-Known Member

It is the 10 mbps. I'll call and see what they can do. I might try Centurylink too, can't hurt to give it a try I guess.

11. CrzyForBaseball

CrzyForBaseball Well-Known Member

Not sure what modem you had, but if it was the small one that then attached to a router, it very well could have been the router. I had the very same problem and once I replaced the router, I have not had a single dropout of service like before.

12. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

you mean it was a problem with the modem or the router? My wireless router works fine.