Mother of the Year Nominee

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kdc1970, Jul 27, 2011.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

From 1270wmpm:

Missing Children Found Safe After Mom Forgets Whereabouts
    Police officers and emergency services personnel in Dunn spent much of Saturday night looking for two children after their mother reported them missing because she forgot where they were. The children, it turned out, were not missing at all, but were with a family member in Angier.

Police said Virginia Duke of Dunn reported her two children — ages 7 and 4 — missing Saturday night around 9:30.
    Dunn Police Chief B.P. Jones said police began looking for the missing children and enlisted the help of Dunn Emergency Services, whose members spent four hours combing the area in search of the children.

Police also activated a missing child notification system that sent robocalls out all over Dunn. An Amber Alert was not activated. Once word got out, it did not take long for law enforcement officials to locate the children. They were safe and with their aunt just outside Angier. “The mother had dropped them off at her sister-in-law’s and forgot where they were at,” Dunn Police Capt. Jimmy Pope said.

According to Chief Jones, Ms. Duke was “so spaced out” when she made her report, she could not remember where she had left her children.
    “She was so much under the influence and incoherent that we couldn’t get a satisfactory explanation of where the children were,” he said.
    Despite Ms. Duke’s condition, Chief Jones said officers had to take her report seriously. “We’ve got to run it through to the end,” he said, “especially when someone comes in talking about small children being missing.”

Once the children were located, police contacted the Department of Social Services. The incident is still under investigation. Story courtesy The Daily Record

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

People never cease to amaze me:banghead:

3. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

Wonder what DSS is going to do..... I BET say there is nothing they can do beens the children were not with her at the time and were not in harms way!! CRAP!!

4. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

What does this even mean?

5. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

it means when children really need DSS most the time they do not come through for them.

6. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

and , we have yet another nominee!

Rocky Mount, N.C. — A Rocky Mount woman is accused of leaving six young children in a car for a half hour.
    Police say Vivian Denise Stokes, 26, left children ages 1, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 9 in a car with the engine running while she shopped at Walmart, 1511 Benvenue Road in Rocky Mount, on Tuesday afternoon.
    Stokes is charged with six counts of child neglect and possession of stolen property/license tag.
    Stokes was given a $5,000 bond.
    The juveniles were placed in the custody of a family member.

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/9955410/

7. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

if only she were in WalMart picking up her BIRTH CONTROL pills....FTLOG
    :banghead::banghead::banghead:

8. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

EXACTLY!!!!

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

10. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

You need a license to drive you should need a license to breed.

11. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Back in 2006 I worked a stint at Wal mart on 70. I worked part time in the stationary dept in the evenings. Back when it was across from the pharmacy. I was straightening out the stock on the shelves and found stuffed on one shelf an empty box of condoms right next to en empty box for the EPT home pregnancy test.

I guess if they had stolen the condoms a few weeks earlier they won't of needed to steal the home pregnancy test.