Another Complaint from a Newly Ex-Walmart Customer

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Crysta, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Crysta

Crysta Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2011
  2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Good grief. Yet another reason I am glad I don't have any sort of automotive work done at Walmart. If they aren't bright enough to open the hood, I sure as HECK don't want them messing around under it. :?

3. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

And another reason we change our own oil...much cheaper, especially when there always seems to be an "oil change" special on the oil and filter at either Auto Zone or Advance Auto parts.:)

4. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

sorry but anyone who takes their car to a wal mart for auto work deserves what comes their way.

That would be like going to Burger King looking for Italian food.

5. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

:iagree:

6. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

I'm sick of WalMart complaints in general. The place is crap. Don't go there if you're looking for anything different. Sorry.

7. Crysta

Crysta Guest

Thanks for letting me vent. On the plus side, we went to Cleveland Library and found the book we've been looking everywhere for, and even B&N and Amazon didn't have it (2011 edition). I LOVE that library! And if you haven't been there in a while, definitely go back. They have done such great things.

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

The title of the thread was pretty clear about it's contents. Why did you bother to open it?

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Ding ding ding!! :cheers:

10. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

LOL, like we all haven't taken a stroll of similar sorts down that road.

Ding ding dong.

11. Smudger

Smudger Well-Known Member

Im shocked to see WalMart complaints here! You know you cant discourage people here from going to WalMart especially the ones (you know who you are) who wont admit to going to one. This will be uninteresting quick.

I mean its Walmart why complain you saw the sign BEFORE you went in-except for the person who wanted valet cart service they clearly forgot to look up before going in.

WalMart for an oil&lube,,,really??....Is there a sign over there??

Let's get back to the true spirit of the board and complain about the small independent businesses and run them off like what we are used to doing. Shall we start with TAG? If you went there first they probably would not have closed early because YOU would have been there(TAG) not at the friggin WalMart MORON

12. Smudger

Forgot to tag the MORONIC FRIGGIN POST!

13. Crysta

Crysta Guest

Well, you are obviously the expert in morons, so I won't disagree with you there. The reason we didn't go to Tag first, who we typically use for car repairs, is that the last few times we needed something basic done, such as inspections and oil changes, they were too busy and recommended that we go elsewhere. Since it was just a simple oil change that I wanted done today, my dh thought walmart could handle it. Sorry for the moronic post. And I'm sorry that someone has to deal with you IRL. Puts my complaining in perspective, for which I'm appreciative. I was really hoping that word would start getting back to the powers that be at that particular walmart and something would be done before they lose even more customers. Sorry again for :beathorse:

14. Smudger

OOps my bad I didnt read it as you were worried for WalMart. Forgive me NOT

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

See, that's the thing. Some folks act like she should just accept crappy service BECAUSE it's Walmart. I call BS, if they are being paid for a service, then they need to provide that service with reasonable competance. Starting with being able to open the freaking hood. Not to mention they obviously didn't do it in the time frame the customer was told. Why is that supposed to be OK? :confused:

16. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

Unless you share with others such as on this board, they may think they are the only ones who get this kind of service or that it is a one time deal. Thanks for sharing your experience with all of us.

17. VolleyGrl

I think this is a great theory for any business, but the reality of the situation is that WalMart doesn't do this. And it's widely known that they don't do this so a person that still chooses to go there shouldn't complain when they get crap service. Nobody forced them to go to a place with a bad rep.

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I agree with you to a point.............but it's too much to expect them to be able to even open the hood???? REALLY?

I don't get my vehicles serviced at Walmart simply because I think they are idiots. BUT in a time crunch like the OP seemed to have, I don't think it out of the realm of reasonableness that they be able to perform a simple oil change within an hour and a half. She has as much right to fuss about it as any other thread anyone ever started about crappy customer service, Walmart or not.

19. VolleyGrl

Seriously? For the same reason you open threads that you know are anti-Obama. You know the content of what those threads are going to be i.e. something negative about Obama, but you don't think twice about throwing in your opinion (which differs from the OP). How is that any different here? It's not. :roll:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  20. VolleyGrl

I don't disagree about the hood. And I wasn't saying she couldn't fuss about it. I was just fussing about people fussing about WalMart in general. In short, everybody has a right to fuss, even if it goes against what the thread was started for. It's the beauty of the board. :cheers:

And at the time that I posted it I was VERY anxious (still am) about my friend so if it came across snippy that's why. Nothing against the OP.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011