Dentist needed BADLY!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by annatinnie, Aug 3, 2010.

1. annatinnie

annatinnie Well-Known Member

I have a bit of a problem that has just about gotten the best of me. For 15 years I have been dealing with teeth problems due to severe anemia that cannot be corrected by supplements, but instead through IV iron treatments. I have four sons, and every time I got pregnant it just seemed to get worse and worse. Luckily I had a blessing of a dentist back in NJ that worked hard with me to help fix the problem-even way back when he warned me that everything I was going to do, minus dentures or implants, was going to be a temporary solution. But I was young (still am??) and when you are young you just don't think it should be something that you have to think about. That being said, I did pull out several teeth on top and was fitted with a partial that I have had for a long time now.

Well, I think I have finally met my fill of pain and discomfort from broken teeth to gum soreness, etc. Some nights the pain from exposed nerves is too much to bare and I cry. Not to mention the emotional and physical embarrasement I go through day to day. I never smile in photos-well, not with my teeth anyway. Eating is such a challenge. Ugh!

The bigger problem is that we cannot get the dental credit card due to my husband being laid off and only working part time, and there is NO WAY we can afford this up front.

I have to find someone that will allow me to do a payment plan in house. That's what I did with my previous dentist, and we were never late paying anything...but he saw that I was very affected by this, too, thus letting me do it.

Does anyone know of someone that could get me in pretty much immediately to hopefully plan a way to get out of this emotional and physical pain. My gums bleed a lot and I am just terrified that infection is going to find me at some point.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be SOOOO happy! I need a dentist that can extract the teeth that are left and have dentures made so this nightmare can end.

Any ideas? I don't want to annoy a dentists office...but I can't do this much longer.

Thanks!

2. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

Not sure their contact info but could

probably find out ...

Contact the dentistry school in Chapel Hill. Maybe they'll work with you. I know a friend who had implants put in (instead of dentures and such) thru them a few years back and still uses them.

Not sure what type of payment plan they offer or what not, but worth checking into perhaps if its a dentistry school.

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

http://www.brushandfloss.com/

LOVE THEM!!

They WILL work with you.

Make sure when you make the appt to SEE Dr Riccobene.

Tell him Harlegirl sent you. :hurray:

4. cmdknw06

cmdknw06 Well-Known Member

Calamos and Marsh. Dr. Emrich is AMAZING!

5. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

I agree, ask for Dr R specifically! He does all of mine and DH's dental stuff.

6. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

You might also want to give Tri County Family Dental Center a call,they are affiliated with the Chapel Hill Dental Center and they base their prices on your income.
    #919-567-2646,it's located in Dunn.

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I haven't been able to get in with Dr. Riccobene, but I have seen Dr. McNeely and Dr. Tomasheski, both of them were great and Dr. McNeely is very easy on the eyes!

8. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

All 3 are great. Dr. Calamos is our favorite.

9. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Not so much, I called today for my dad. He broke off a tooth, it got infected, went to the ER and got antibiotics. It needs to be pulled, but he can't afford to do it. He asked me to find someone that would make a payment plan with him.

I remembered this thread, called Dr. R's office, identified myself as a 4042'er, told them the issue, and the best they said they could offer me was a coupon on their website for $100 off a service. They would not do a payment plan.

I'm on hold with Tri County right now.

10. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Oh DAG! I know they DID before.

11. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Most Dentist these day's offer payment plans through independent financing agencies,if you don't get approved though you're out of luck.

12. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

How soon some people forget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

Categories: Personals
    No
    Photo
    Ad Number: 161113
    Date Posted: 07/27/2011
    Garner, NC 27529
    Telephone:
    E-Mail: Reply to Ad
    Web Site:

Description
    Hi. I am a dental hygiene studentin Raleigh and looking for patients. We have a great service for a great price of only $20 for everything including cleaning, through examination, xrays, and even sealants if needed. If you have some time and not a lot of money, this is great for you. Please email or you can call Vicki at 919-817-3423 and please leave a message if I do not answer. I would love to give you more information on this if you are interested. Thank you and hope to see you and for me to take care of your smile.

14. JenniferK

Forget what?

15. rntobe

rntobe Well-Known Member

there are several sliding scale dentists/clinics in the area, the health department should be able to get that list for you. UNC Chapel Hill also has a clinic, call the dental school to see when the hours are. As an ER RN I see ALOT of people with broken teeth, cavities, infections, etc that come in for help. Unfortunately all we can do is give pain meds and antibotics along with a dental list. We have talked about getting a general dentist on staff but with the budget it probably won't go anywhere.
    I don't go back to work until Friday night, if you haven't found any help by then let me know and i will bring home a list of the clinics.

16. JenniferK

I found a place in Smithfield, he's going to call them this morning. They dont' offer payment plans, but they do have a sliding scale based on income. I'll let you know if that doesn't work out. Thanks.

17. New2JoCo

New2JoCo Member

Call Folden Lee! Excellent dentist and staff!
    Tell them the situation and see if they will work with you.
    www.drfoldenlee.com
    919-553-2238

18. JenniferK

Actually, Dr. Lee is my dentist! I called them first, and they weren't able to help him. Thanks though!

19. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

We go to Dr. Ted Rogers in downtown Clayton 553-3173. He was very reasonable when my son had to have a baby tooth pulled and we had no dental insurance. I am not sure if they do a payment plan. We had Care Credit from a recent oral surgery and we used that, but he gave us a lower price when we told him about losing our insurance. Good luck. My sister recently went through the same thing and she was really sick! Hoping you find a solution soon.

20. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

This reminds me of a little story about my Mom. All six of us went to the same Dentist for YEARS. I'm sure she spent a fortune there. She had her dentures made there. The Cancer made her lose a lot of weight and her dentures wouldn't fit. The Dentist told her she needed new ones but wouldn't give a dying woman any kind of a discount on them. My Sister threw a fit in the full lobby and the Dentist changed his mind. I'm just happy she was able to chew food for the last year of her life.