swimming pool question

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by canesfan, Aug 10, 2011.

1. canesfan

canesfan Active Member

Anyone have any facts/opinions on the above ground pools that you can now put in ground? Island pools has a deal running in the Carolina Clipper right now and I wanted to see the pros/cons of these type pools. Any information you can provide on the pool or your experience with the company would be great.

2. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Info for you -if- you have never owned a POOL BEFORE:
    It can & may just work you to DEATH & be super expensive... I'm just saying & I know. I'm a pool person.

And then there is the "You get what you pay for'' also.

If you love cleaning the bathtub, love love love bleach & scrubbing, + have some extra cash then by all means get yourself a back yard pool!

Now start the flames wars, I have on my Kevlar!

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Ok Kel, no flaming, but i do disagree. With the proper maintenance, having a backyard above ground pool is not hard - as long as you don't put it near a lot of trees - leaves are the debil when it comes to pools. I spend about an hour a week balancing & cleaning my pool, i wouldn't trade my electric pool cleaner for anything - makes the job a breeze, just drop it in and let it go. As for the original question, granted it has been a quite a few years since i was in the pool business but unless they have come out some new type of aboveground pool that is build specifically to go in the ground, i would advise against it. There were some companies around that said they could dig down and put an above ground pool in the ground but above ground pools are not built for that and the only person i know that did it had nothing but problems and ended up getting rid of it.

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

my only thought, if you go ahead with this, would be to make sure you lock down a really good warranty or guarantee to cover parts, labor and leaks!

5. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

both replies are correct,
    but I know that most people just cannot grasp the necessity of cleaning a pool, the water & the equipment.

We all know of more than one Green - Brown pool... ewwwww!

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:lol::lol: you got that right, it never amazes me when folks call me and want me to help them get their pool clear again and i ask them have they checked the chemical balance and they say "huh?" and then i ask well what type of chemicals are you using and they say bleach:banghead::banghead: