Book Clubs

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Jul 12, 2011.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

bump

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

so excited, can't wait to see everyone tomorrow night - 4042 definitely needs a book club and we are all gonna be in on the ground floor:hurray:

3. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I want to join, but it'll be a few months til I can ... have got class til 11pm on Thursdays til December. Keep me informed, tho, please!! :)

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

no problem, i guess tonight we are gonna figure out how and where we want this book club to work, i will fill ya in. i am really excited and can't wait to get started:hurray:

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

:hurray:

How many people do you think are coming tonite?

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

About 7 or 8 and from what i have been reading on book clubs that is perfect for the first organizational meeting - Terrafin is expecting us too:hurray:

But of course, the more the merrier, so if anyone else wants to join us, please do

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I've been checking out a few sites too... this one has alot of info and I like her wit.

http://www.book-club-queen.com/book-club-guide.html

heres another

http://www.wisebread.com/how-to-start-a-book-club

This website has good book reviews and you can link to friends who are members and see what they are reading.

http://www.goodreads.com

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Thanks Tassy, i am trying to read up as much as i can but look forward to everyone having input on how we want to do this as a group - it's all new to me

9. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

do these books have pictures and stuff? :mrgreen:

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

you ain't right:lol::lol::lol:

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

If anyone has any of those peel & stick name tags, please bring them, thought i had some left in my desk but no such luck & Lowes Foods doesn't carry them

Cancel that, found where they had been moved to:hurray:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  12. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

I may get there a little early to eat. I'm starving and there stuff is so yummy! (Now I need to stop thinking about it and get back to work so I can get out of here!)

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I think we had a great start last night! It was nice to meet some new faces!!
    I'm excited for our next meeting and seeing what our first book will be!

:cheers:

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I agree! Had a good time. Thank you Kaci for getting this off the ground. :cheers:

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i had a great time too, thought we had a great first meeting and love all the ones that came out, looking forward to some interesting discussions. There were a few that had expressed interest that didn't make it so just to let them know specifics, last night was an organizational thing and i love that the group voted on a more relaxed informal club and next Thursday at 7pm at Terrafin we will be getting together again to vote on our first book so you guys are welcome to come if you couldn't make it last night. After that the group decided to meet the 3rd Thursday of each month and new faces are always welcome. :hurray::hurray:

16. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

LOL....never claimed to be.

17. sarahmama

sarahmama Well-Known Member

I am definitely interested in joining. I can't come this Thursday, but I would love to know the book that you all decide on, so I can get started at the same time. After this week, I will be free on Thursday nights.

18. elims

elims Well-Known Member

How's it going to work .. never been in a book club before. Meeting once a month, do you have that whole month to read the book, then discuss it at the meeting and choose another book? Or do you have several months to read the book and discuss it as you're reading it?

I think Tassy or someone suggested starting a yahoo group, or a meetup page, or webpage or facebook group or somewhere that people could post messages thru-out the month to discuss it online, as long as they notify of possible 'spoiler alerts'? Or do you want to just keep discussions live/in person at the book club meetings?

19. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

may not make Thursday, I have an uncle that is expected to pass away this week :( they have called in hospice

20. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Very sorry to hear that, extra thoughts and prayers to your uncle and your family. :grouphug: