Good Marketing Tool - Cleveland Rams Football Fundraiser

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by J34, Aug 17, 2011.

1. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

So, in general I am not a fan of soliciting door-to-door for fundraisers. It puts the kids and the homeowners in an awkward position sometimes.

HOWEVER, yesterday a breath of fresh air came to my door and rang. After I put the fierce guard dog away ;), I answered to 2 young men in Cleveland Rams jerseys. My initial thought when I saw what they were holding was, come on, I don't need to go to restaurants any more than I already do, I'll just forget to use the coupon/discount card anyway. I know, it's all about supporting the team, not just benefits to me, but still...

But as soon as they began to speak, I did a complete 180.

They were so polite and so humble and such great examples of what our high schoolers and especially the athletes representing our area schools can still be that I immediately went for my pocketbook and thanked them for stopping by. I suppose the team probably only gets $8-10 from that little transaction, but I got a lot more.

So thank you to those young men's parents, the coaches on the team, and the boosters. You are obviously proving to be great role models for these kids. Good luck in your fundraiser and during the season...and now that I have a schedule on my handy-dandy card, I'll make sure to bring my boys out to watch a game or two. :)

2. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Oh yeah!!!! Rams on the road to the championship.

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:hurray::hurray::hurray:

I love stories like this, thanks for sharing.

4. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Got a visit as well. Did not buy, but had a pleasant chat with three young men about their upcoming season. Great attitude (considering I did not buy) and they should be commended for conducting themselves so well.

5. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

:hurray: LOVE to hear this!!

6. Georgiared

Georgiared Well-Known Member

As a parent to one of the many Cleveland Rams Football players that was going door trying to raise money for their football program, I want to tell you thank you for posting those wonderful remarks in regards to our boys. They work hard on and off the field. Reading those remarks helps us parents know we and the coaches are doing a good job. Thank you again!!! :)

7. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

Cool. :) Occasionally I am the bearer of good news rather than just whining about everything else! ;)

8. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

That's cool!

Any chance you remember the #s on their jerseys?

9. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

No. The Carolina blue made me avert my eyes!

10. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

No, I'm sorry! But maybe it was because I was enamoured by the color blue. Go Heels! (and Rams!)

11. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

Update

Used one of the Q's from my card last night at Pizza Inn!!! Also looked at the schedule with hubby and decided on a couple home games we're going to try to go to with our sons. :)

12. evnchris

evnchris Well-Known Member

We gave them money. It was funny, the doorbell rang, the hubby gave them money, and then 20 minutes later it was a different set of High School'ers. I hoped they believed us when we said we already gave money to their teammates!!