cant log on

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by markfnc, Aug 18, 2011.

1. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

I can't log onto 4042 anymore on my work or home computer. As soon as log on page comes up it shuts down. I can get on from blackberry. Any ideas on what's going on?

2. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

That's interesting because I know you and I live very close to each other and this has started happening at my house too. I can't get on the discussion board from home now because it seems to "crash". But it's fine here in Raleigh.

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I can get on fine at home, but having a heck of time here since Mon. Keeps saying prob with the webpage and shuts down. Thought it was Big Brother, LOL

4. markfnc

That's what mine says. Home and work. No other web site are giving me issues

5. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

If possible, please provide browser you are using when the problem occurs, and the version....we'll see if we can track down the issue. Thanks! 8)

P.S. Also, if you can provide the Internet service provider you are using (Road Runner, Embarq, etc.) it may help to pinpoint the issue.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'm using IE 8 on Roadrunner. Just started this week.

I REALLY don't want to change/upgrade the browser because it messes with some of my work settings. Last time I tried, it hosed up Wells Fargo where I have to do wire transfers and it was a big ole mess. :lol:

7. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

And I thought it was just me!

Logging on from home is hit-or-miss, but mostly miss, with the same kind of page error previously mentioned (...something like "problems with this page have caused the browser to restart").

The browser is Explorer 8 (I think) and the ISP is Roadrunner.

8. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

A follow-up....we have been able to duplicate this issue with IE8. IE7 appears to not have the problem, and we will check IE9 also.

The 4042.com Techno Geeks have the hood raised and are poking around for the fix. Will update again when we have some more info. Thanks for reporting the issue. 8)

9. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Works fine with Mozilla Firefox. You can install that (at least on the home PC) and it should not interfere with other sites that use use IE 8 on.

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thanks but it works fine everywhere BUT my work computere. No biggie, I don't "need" it. I can't take a chance on messing with the internet settings on the work one. Like I said, last time I did, it messed up WF and I had a vendor sitting on the other end holding up a $50,000 order. Not gonna chance it just to come here. :lol:

Oh and just to add to the mystery, I am at home now...........on RR and running IE 8. Go figure.

11. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I just starting having problems this week too! Both at work and at home. The only way I can get in is to go to the home page and click on one of the discussion topics at the bottom of the page, then I can view other threads for the Discussion group. But if I click on 4042.com forums (at the top of the discussion page) I get kicked out. So I haven't been able to access the Neighborhood side at all.

Here's the error I get:
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: iexplore.exe
    Application Version: 8.0.7601.17514
    Application Timestamp: 4ce79912
    Fault Module Name: mshtml.dll
    Fault Module Version: 8.0.7601.17655
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4e2917e5
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 001fbcc2
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Yep!! We have no IT support..........so there ya go! LOL

[​IMG]

13. Grammie

Grammie Well-Known Member

I had the same problem, I am on Windows7 IE8 and Centurylink. My son fixed it for me and now it is fine. He said to click the compatability view button real fast and it's fixed

14. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Turning on Compatibility Mode in the IE8 or IE9 browser appears to be the "quick fix" for this. As of yet, we haven't identified any particular item on the Forums pages that would be causing this...and it doesn't appear to affect other browsers.

The easiest way to do this is to visit the front page of 4042.com and turn on the Compatibility Mode. The icon to click on is located here:

[​IMG]

That will then set your browser to for Compatibility Mode for the entire site, so when you go to the Forums, they should not produce the error that is being reported.

15. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Thanks, that worked! :hurray:

16. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

Worked for me too. Thought I was only one having that problem. Hope webbie keeps us posted.

17. markfnc

It worked, i'm back.

18. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I haven't been able to log on from home in a while.
    I do need a new computer, but I should still be able to log onto the forum???

I have IE, no idea what version but the toolbar don't look like the one you posted earlier webbie. :allears: :allears:

19. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

HG, in IE, click Help, then About Internet Explorer. That'll tell you what version you're on.

20. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Now if only this could spread to Sherry's computer.

[​IMG]

:lol: