Book Clubs

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Jul 12, 2011.

1. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

We decided to meet once a month on the third Thursday of the month. This week we are meeting at Terrafin @ 7:00 p.m. to decide what our first book will be. We have a month to read the book and then discuss it at the next meeting. Only if the book is more than 500 pages will we split it into a 2 month read. In that case, everyone will read to the same point in the book the first month, have our book club meeting and discuss to the agreed upon point. Then finish the book the 2nd month, with another discussion on the 2nd part of the book.

We discussed a FB page for the book club at our organizational meeting and shardee428 offered to get that off the ground for us. I don't think (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that we discussed discussing the current book on the FB page. I personally would rather keep those discussions for the meetings, otherwise it could give us lack of discussion material if its being discussed or debated on FB before we are done with the book. The FB page will be used for keeping everyone updated on the meeting dates, where we are meeting and what we are reading.

:cheers:

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

oh i am so sorry to hear, prayers are with you and your family:grouphug:

Elims, yeah what Tassy said & i agree no discussions on FB but i guess one more thing we will have to take a vote on Thursday.

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Looking forward to tomorrow nite, i definitely need a break & a great night to take my mind off other things

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

That will be great - one of us will post tomorrow what our first book is

5. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

I can't make it tonight because I have my little guy, but let me know what you gals decide. :cheers:

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

we'll miss ya:cry:

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Awesome night last night!

We officially have a name for our book club :hurray:

READING BETWEEN THE WINES

We had a tough choice on picking a book, everyone brought a good selection!

"The Scent of Rain and Lightning" by Nancy Pickard will be our first book.

Our next meeting will be on 9/15 at the Flipside in downtown Clayton @ 7pm.

Our Facebook page for the group is also up and is by invite only. If you'd like an invitation, please contact shardee428@gmail.com.

Happy Reading!!

8. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Will check to see if I can DL it for the kindle! Thanks! Love the group name!!

9. elims

elims Well-Known Member

fwiw - 12 dollars for kindle. You can buy it used at amazon.com for roughly 2.50 (with 4 dollar s/h) ... then donate it ... for a cheaper option. If you can't find it locally, or in a library that is. :)

10. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Speaking of books, that reminds me....

HG, did you ever finish that book I lent you? I have another one ready...

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread, book club just reminded me, and I figured this was better than putting it in random thoughts....

11. VolleyGrl

Or you could have sent her a PM. :?

12. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Sounds like a random thought to me.

13. JenniferK

Well gees people, excuseeeee me. Book clubs=books

Dang, y'all are not the only people on 4042 that read....

How you know that me HG don't have our own little book club?

So sorry....

8)

14. JenniferK

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Had a great time last night, so excited about the book club & what a great group of people:cheers: Those of you that want to join, check out Tassy's post on the book, start reading and come join us next month, we have a lot of fun and discussion.

16. VolleyGrl

That's awesome if you do! But this thread discussion seems to be focused on the book club kaci started. So maybe your little book club needs it's own little thread. :mrgreen:

17. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

HA! Most people wouldn't *like* the types of books we read. :twisted: So no new thread needed.

Thanks JK and yes I'd love another one. See you tomorrow!! :cheers:

now back to your regularly scheduled book club thread ... peace out.

18. VolleyGrl

You're totally right. If her and Harley have a book club no reason they can't let us all know about it in this thread. Funny they didn't mention it earlier when kaci asked about any in the area 8) :cheers:

19. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

good chance you will make history

20. VolleyGrl

Yay me. :lol: