What book are you reading?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ferrickhead28, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I did read The Help. That was funny! It's probably my favorite book. That's the kind of book I like, that's not all jokes and fun but has enough humor. I've been reading too many depressing books lately I think. I'll check on some Michael Connely or Sue Grafton. Thanks!

2. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

TOTALLY agree!!

I am behind-halfway through Lost Symbol.

Kinky Friedman has great PI books, def not mainstream, but funny as heck.

3. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

"Bushworld", by Maureen Dowd

4. UNCHEELS

UNCHEELS Well-Known Member

Anne Rivers Siddons writes good books. They are slightly dark with twists. My favorite is The House Next Door.

The Help and The Shack are both good books. The Help is coming out as a movie and I think it is coming out this summer.

5. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Mosby's Essentials For Nursing Assistants, 4th edition

6. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Rock....if you need a Merk Manual..holler. Mine is around here somewhere.

7. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Y'all are crazy! I couldn't put it down. I read it in one day!

Maybe it's because the nursing home part appealed to a part of me personally, but I loved it!!!

8. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Anything that can help me with the CNA program or the Nuclear Medicine program that would be great.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Maybe I wasn't in the right frame of mind, I will have to try it again. ; )

10. JenniferK

I cried at the end. I really really liked it.

I also just read Heaven is for Real. That one made me cry too...

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I've heard of Heaven is for Real, I don't think I could read it, I would be bawling like a baby.

I think we need a girls night out to go see "The Help" 'cause I know for sure DH ain't going with me to that one. :jester:

12. JenniferK

I should probably read the book first, lol...

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It's very good in my opinion. The movie should be too.

14. Ksokol22

Ksokol22 Well-Known Member

It's not really a mystery or thriller novel, but The Cage is a great, emotional book. It is about the Holocaust, written by a survivor. I actually bought it at the Holocaust museum a couple years ago. I have read it at least 50 times since I bought it. It is my favorite book of all time.

15. Allioop

I actually did like the nursing home parts. It's so real. I've been in many nursing homes visiting relatives. Maybe I will finish the book since you cried at the end. Not that I want to cry, but I'm curious now. :mrgreen:

16. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Reading the Bible for the first time. Front to back. Trying King James but I am thinking i need to update to something I can understand betta. Evidently I am an *******. So I want to do better.

17. Allioop

Try the New Living Version. It's easier to understand for me. Also, try this book "My Utmost for His Highest" by Oswald Chambers. It explains verses in the Bible and it's given me new perspective of what it really means to be a Christian. It's really good...It should be at any Christian book store. The one I have is paperback and it was only $5.00!

18. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Oh look... a thread on books.

8)

19. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

REALLY Tassy?
    come on now.

20. JenniferK

:iagree: