Reading Between the Wines LocAL Book Club

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Aug 19, 2011.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

There we go, easy peasy - new thread for the Reading Between the Wines book club. Tassy, if you can repost your great posts about the name, etc. it would be great:cheers:

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Had a great time last night, so excited about the book club & what a great group of people:cheers: Those of you that want to join, check out Tassy's post on the book, start reading and come join us next month, we have a lot of fun and discussion.

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Awesome night last night!

We officially have a name for our book club :hurray:

READING BETWEEN THE WINES

We had a tough choice on picking a book, everyone brought a good selection!

"The Scent of Rain and Lightning" by Nancy Pickard will be our first book.

Our next meeting will be on 9/15 at the Flipside in downtown Clayton @ 7pm.

Our Facebook page for the group is also up and is by invite only. If you'd like an invitation, please contact shardee428@gmail.com.

Happy Reading!!

4. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Just ordered it from Amazon bc it sounds good!

5. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

going to B&N tonight and get mine ;) So excited!!

6. sassymom

BTW who is picking the next book, just curious!!

7. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

Will you let me know how much it costs there? I need to get mine this weekend :cheers:

8. sassymom

yep sure will!! I think online it said 12 but I will know for sure tonight!!

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Well we took another vote last night cause someone suggested we just keep doing the same thing we did last night and everyone bring a suggestion and we vote on it each time and everyone agreed.

10. sassymom

sounds good to me..

11. sassymom

It is 15.00 at Barnes and Noble!!

probably could have got it cheaper somewhere else if I had looked around but oh well, I have no patience LOL

12. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I just ordered our book of the month from Amazon. I did look at Paupers Books in Clayton and they didn't have it. If anyone likes her style though, they did have 2 of her other titles in the fiction- suspense/thriller section.

Can't wait to read it, i have read great reviews for it both on Amazon and GoodReads.com.

:hurray:

13. Savealot

Savealot Well-Known Member

I bought the book at Half.com last night $4.74 It's already shipped!

14. VolleyGrl

Picked up my book from the library this afternoon and starting it tonight. I have to catch up to the technologically advanced folks :cheers:

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

but you probably got it for a better price:lol: It is an easy read, take your time so you won't have to reread before the next meeting like me and kdc:cheers:

16. VolleyGrl

Finished the book today. Can't wait to discuss :hurray:

If there is anyone still interested in reading this before the Sept. 15 gathering I'm happy to loan you my book.

17. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I done it... I bought a Kindle (3g & WiFi) ... can't wait to read the next book we choose on it!!

:hurray:

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Awesome!!! You are gonna love it SO much!! :cheers:

19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Reminder! Our next meeting is this Thursday. Is there anyone here on 4042 that is planning on coming that didn't already respond on the FaceBook thread? I'd like to give The Flipside an approximate headcount by tomorrow.

:cheers:

20. elims

elims Well-Known Member

About 1000 free books for the kindle .. updated daily .. with links to the book, and star-rating.

http://kolorbooks.appspot.com/0302/