Still think she's an innocent victim?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 2not2, Jan 13, 2011.

1. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

He accepted 198 text messages from this minor. Did he notify the principal this was happening? Did he notify his supervisor? Did he change his phone number? He was an adult in an authority role and should have stopped it at message #1.

2. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

That's about the ratio of texts between my Daughter and myself. My kids always tell me I can't text. LOL

3. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

It would be interesting to see the actual transcript of the texts. Perhaps more telling than just the number? Maybe the bulk of his end of the conversations was going on face-to-face instead of by text? There are so many details left out in this story in the newspapers that it can only invite speculation. I guess the bottom line is that he should not have done whatever it was that he did, and being a police officer there is no way he didn't know that, not that ignorance of the law is ever a reason, especially when it comes to working with children.

4. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, am I on the stand here? I just posted an update with some interesting facts. That is all. :cool:

5. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Sorry, I misinterpreted your comment.

6. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Do I think she actively pursued him? Yeah. Do I think he was in the wrong, and should have been the adult? Yeah.

7. Hyper-sexuality is a very common symptom of child sexual abuse. I hope someone is checking this possibility out. She may not be a whore as many of you have accused her of being. It's possible that she is a troubled young woman in need of help. People act the way they do for a reason...

8. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

I've said this from the beginning. She should have to suffer consequences for her actions and she may fit the definition of a whore (no doubt!), but she also REALLY needs therapy to get to the bottom of why she's acting the way she is. To prevent her from further ruining her life or the lives of anyone else.