Armed robbery @ McD's

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Cleopatra, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

2. tukasiya

tukasiya Well-Known Member

I wonder if they got shorted a bag of fries like we did the other night. That place is the pits.

3. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I would go gunning for some fries too, that's the only thing McD's has going for them. It's funny, I actually got some fries last night (around midnight) at another location. I haven't had McD's in ages. I do like their fries.

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

We came home from TerraFin about 12:30 last night and there were atleast 9 police cars on the ramp beside the McDonalds, coming off of 40 to 42. 4 were parked facing up the ramp (the correct direction) and 4 or 5 were parked heading down the ramp (facing the wrong direction). It looked like there was just one car between them all, and it didn't look like an accident, maybe had something to do with that robbery.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  5. dontbah8r

dontbah8r Member

It is a bit disturbing all the robberies that are happening at 40/42. Lil Joey's, Nicole's closet and the storage facility at Clearwater were broken into the night before. The suspects got away:cry:. Wonder if it is the same folks? Either way, I hope they are caught soon.

6. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

I recall reading Just Tires being broken into recently, too.

7. smallone

smallone Well-Known Member

8. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

They caught the suspect . . . it was the hamburglar. :mrgreen:

9. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

LOL

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Just got back from the In and Out Burger, frys were fricken delicious. Not sure the hamburgers live up to the hype though!

11. dietz4ibanez

dietz4ibanez Well-Known Member

My sister in law works at one of those places... Kinda makes you wonder if she should CC into work.

12. trev47

trev47 Well-Known Member

Oh how I miss In and Out. Did you get grilled onions on your burger? That is the best. When you get your burger the lettuce and tomato are cold and the pattie is piping hot. Were you in California? That's where I used to live and an In and Out burger is one of the things that I miss. The things that I miss fall into two groups - food and the radio. Is there a fast food burger locally that you think is better than what you had?
    Trev

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

That was one McD burger I used to love, the McDLT.... they served it in a 2 sided container so the lettuce and tomato 1/2 stayed cool.

14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I had the Animal in San Diego and the Double Double last night in Pittsburg, CA, its not that I didn't like them, they are much better than McD's, but I cannot understand the fanatism about them (such as the 3 mile drive through in Texas, of You Tube fame).

I love the Animal Fries, minus the spread.

For fast food hamburger locally I love the Cook Out

15. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Cook Out's great, but Char-Grill still has that certain je ne sais quoi...

Seriously, I'd be extremely upset if someone stuck a shotgun in my face- hopefully they'll catch them.

Considering the traffic and the money that changes hands at 40/42 maybe JoCo will increase their presence there. I guess it's JoCo sherriff's jurisdiction, right?

16. trev47

trev47 Well-Known Member

There are not many burgers that I don't like. I do enjoy cook out. Char grill is good also. I never tried the McDlt. In n Out is awesome because everything is fresh and the food prep is transparent. When you are at the counter ordering, you can see everyone making your food. There is nothing to hide. You see them making the fries from whole potatos, and your burger on the grill. I think that part of the fanaticism is because people see that their food is freshly prepared and there is no mystery.

Gomer, I agree with you. There should be more of a presence considering how much commerce is in the area.

17. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

We have probably the same amount of law enforcement here that we've had for years. X number of deputies per shift in the western part of the county. And they do as admirable job as can be said.

Back in the day....even 5 years ago, that number of deputies were able to provide most of the security we needed. Now, with the increased numbers of homes, population etc, just not sufficient.

Think of 4042 as a watering hole in the veld. As more of us gather, the probability is that those who prey on those who drink, will increase, as our area becomes a more 'target rich' environment.

This is one of the areas of concern that the supporters of incorporation for the are discussed and tried to generate interest from others in discussing.

We heard the same old refrain...we moved out here to get away from city taxes. Yes, and you also moved away from a more rapid response from the police.

I also saw where the ABC board distributed monies to the incorporated municipalities in Johnston County. As usual, we got ZERO, because we can't incorporate. Yet, I'm fairly sure the ABC store at 4042 makes a tidy profit from our support.

If you want a better police presence, to feel more secure at home or at work, to feel that your property and business is better secured, you also have to see what that cost will be. For some, an alarm seems to work, except that we've seen places broken into that had alarms...and the deputies are overworked or stretched to thin to respond.

Zoning, police protection, utilities, municipal garbage collection combined with a workable recycling effort, street maintenance, full time salaried fire fighters, area oriented recreational facilities...lots that we miss out on because we "moved away from the city to avoid taxes".

18. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I always order the Huge...Cook Out Style.

19. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Wouldn't county tax revenues and, by extension, the budget of the sheriff's office have increased in proportion to the growth in the tax base even if the tax rates remained unchanged?

20. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I would also think a contributing factor is the easy "get away" access on I40 and I95 down the road.