RANTING

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sirputz, Aug 22, 2011.

1. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Just once I'd like for people who work in Nail salons to SPEAK ENGLISH!!!!!

How hard is it to understand that I'd like to get prices for your services since your particular Salon does not have a website!!!

Trying to find a good place to get my wife and daughters feet done and my wifes legs massaged and pampered since she's 8 months pregnant....

I looked on here and Called Diva Nail salon, was referred to Top Nail, and yet neither of them spoke English well enough to understand my questions.

Is Cindi's the same way???? I'll find out in a minute!

But any other suggestions from you ladies would be welcome!

Here's what I'm looking for... A place that will massage my wifes legs, ankles and feet. Will do a complete pedicure of hers, my daughters, and my wife's friends feet, with scrubs and all. Looking to spend about 35 on my daughter and wife's friend and 50 on my wife (since she'll be getting the extra stuff)

Anyone know of a place that speaks English and can answer my questions? Please Help me out!

2. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  3. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

:lol: I understand what you mean. It is hard to communicate at many nail salons. I will say, although they didn't understand you, that Diva Nails does all that you're looking for. They will show you a list of different pedicures offering different services and prices. That way you can just point and say "that one." :mrgreen:

4. tatorgirl

tatorgirl Active Member

I recommend Day Dreams in Clayton. The two guys that run it speak wonderful English with no accent.

5. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

6. smallone

smallone Well-Known Member

I recommend DJ Nails in Fuquay- Ask for Trina. 552-2006. I've been going there for YEARS.

7. Karmol

Karmol Well-Known Member

I second Day Dreams!! I was so surprised when they talked!! Wow, I could understand them!!!

8. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

I asked one of the ladies at White Oak which day is their slowest and she said "sorry we don't have that". Tee Hee.

9. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I use one of the salons at White Oak. They do speak English and do a great job, but it totally annoys me when they have conversations with each other in their native tongue the whole time I'm getting my pedicure. I think it's rude.

10. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

I forgot there was more than one. I went to the one near the Credit Union. Blabbing on the cell phone annoys me a bit.

11. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

12. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Just for the record, I have NEVER had a decent pedicure or eyeborw wax from anyone that was American, never.

Just sayin' 8)

13. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

Oh girl, you read my mind. But then again, I don't sweat this kind of thing. I don't care what they say about me to each other or if they don't speak clear English for that matter as long as they do a good job and it's affordable :cheers:

14. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

EXACTLY. Talk any language you want, just make sure my cuticles are pushed back and don't cut my toenails too short. and they know what "no cut" means. :lol::lol: :cheers:

(and I meant 'eyebrow' in my last post, y'all prolly figured that out)

15. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  16. sirputz

Thanks all. I'm gonna try Alison hair and nails in clayton....reasonable, and she spoke clear english on the phone! Plus she offers discounts to military and mommy's to be.

Anyone every use that salon?

17. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

Do you have a phone number? Thanks, Pat

18. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

where in clayton is she located?

19. sirputz

Alison's Salon and Nails is in the yellow house located behind McCalls Parking lot and across from Burger King. If you come from the Wendy's and take that shortcut behind Burger king to get to the redlight at 70, it's right in front of you.

Sonya (or maybe Sonja pronounced Sawn-ya) is the pedicurist.

If Irene holds off enough I'll let you know how the wife and daughter enjoyed it....

phone is 919 585 6189

Oh and they have a website... http://allisonssalon.com/

Oops, my mistake no discount for Military (though i'm sure if you asked they might!) but they do offer these
    10% off for all Seniors, Expecting Moms, College Students and Teachers with I.D.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011