Earthquake! Cleveland area

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by lawnboy, Aug 23, 2011.

1. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

I can't believe you didn't post your favorite pic with that??:jester:

[​IMG]

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Who is stressing? It was an interesting anomaly. People are gonna talk about it. What is the big deal? :confused:

3. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I wonder if anyone was in the dentist's chair ... in the middle of being drilled .. or in surgery, at the hospital ... someplace where a very steady, fine hand is necessary. Eep!

Old hat with earthquakes ... from Missouri, lived on a fault line .. this is about my 6th or 7th, I think? I was out running errands, my cat was asleep on the kitchen table. I came home, she was still asleep on the kitchen table ... wish I knew how my shepherd pup had reacted tho!

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

finally got hold of my Mom in VA and she is all good, talked to my brother who was traveling from Fredericksburg to DC and he said it felt like his car was rocking from one side to the other. Being from VA, earthquakes are a rarity to us.

5. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

I felt it here in Dunn near the Harnett/Sampson Co line.

6. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I'm referring to everyone asking if they are OK...or if relatives are OK....good grief....I've taken dumps that have done more damage.

7. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

The earthquake has thrown off all of the east coast. It was so strong that they keep saying Chapel Hill on WRDU.

8. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I was on a conference call with my home office---in CA! Pretty funny! I figured it was a jet from Seymour Johnson flying very low over our house. This will give everyone something to talk about...I'm sure the media will pick some toothless hick in the boondocks of NC to interview and put on the national news. "Yep, I felted it. Thought it was my neighbor's moonshine still blowing up".

9. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

^<cringing>That is too funny, but probably true! :lol:

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

LOL!!

11. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I just got home from JCC and the ESC office. Been at JCC since 9:45am. Never felt a darn thing.

Maybe the Mayans were off a year LOL

12. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

Now THAT we can believe, as full of crap as you are :lol:

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i quess some of us are a little overly sensitive when our family is out of state and we just want to make sure they are ok no matter what, sorry if that offends you.

14. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I was at the ER on 42, but thankfully, not in surgery! The bed started shaking and then the chair, instruments on the wall, etc. Got everyone chattering...it was weird! Glad I was done with the CAT scan before it started!!

15. JellyBean

JellyBean Well-Known Member

Just an FYI...seems opposite to our thinking...but going outside is the worst idea in an earthquake. Stay inside under a table or desk. Just sayin

16. Rockyv58

Well I guess you never grew up, up north. In third grade in the early 60's we use to do the duck and cover under our desks when they would do the air raid sirens. A whole lot of good that would of done. About 18 miles as the crow flies to a prime target NYC

17. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

my dh says that all the time 'they always pick the fattest, worst dressed, worst looking person w/ no teeth to interview' for things like that.

18. Savealot

Savealot Well-Known Member

Ok we were driving and we never felt it. I'm mad. I miss everything! I was telling my friend that when I got home I looked around the house for any signs of an earthquake. The only thing that looked like a earthquake had hit was my kids rooms lots of stuff all over the floor!

19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

WRAL broadcasting "live from Johnston County".... yet they are at Raynor Rd & 70... ummm.. ya, thats Garner and you're still in Wake County dummy.

:?

20. Rockyv58

Called my mom in Florida to let her know everything was ok. She said she heard about the earthquake but did not know it hit us. She said she heard they felt it all the way in NY. Thanks mom for freaking caring....LOL