For Webbie

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Grammie, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Grammie

Grammie Well-Known Member

Please do something about old school. They have posted the exact statement on almost every thread.

2. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

in the bottom left corner of the box with the person's username on every post, there's a little white and red triangle with an exclamation point in it. click that. it's a "report this post" link...much more likely to get noticed by webbie than this thread.

3. old school

old school Well-Known Member

:twisted:

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Proud of yourself are you?

5. old school

No, just reminds me of a kid running to tattletale.

6. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

Let me guess, you got a crappy deal re: divorce/custody/support? Why else would you go nuts like you did? At least I hope it wasn't over a traffic ticket :lol:

7. old school

Actually, a young person in my family, early twenties, went to her for some legal advice. She took money from him, did not know how to answer his questions but was going to call a friend of hers who was also a lawyer. Mrs. Wells told him she would call him with the information. Long story short, its been three weeks and the phone aint ringin. Like I was sayin Grammie, BEWARE!

8. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

And saying it in just one post would have been enough....but god forbid we start a new post about it, instead of hijacking every thread here.

9. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Then quit acting like a troll, you had a complaint about a local business, make a thread for it!

8)

10. VolleyGrl

Sounds like that young person needs to stay out of trouble and then they won't have to seek legal advice in the first place. And you flipping out like a lunatic isn't gettin that phone ringin either. 8)

11. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

I Agree

12. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

a kid running tattle tale indeed....and some folks go tattle on every thread on a message board...

really?

:roll:

13. old school

It was financial in nature and it was pertaining to something done by another party so he was just making sure he would not be dragged in. He was not in any trouble, far from it. That makes it sound like you should not jump to conclusions since you are ignorant to the situation.
    I did not flip out, I simply offered a warning to the intelligent consumer, you obviously were not in the target market.

14. old school

I wanted to get the word out to people, so I tried to make sure it would be seen regardless of someones topical interest. You would not understand this since your time is primarily spent starting new threads for birthdays or a celebrity death mixed with a rehash of an old headline. :confused:

15. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Whatever the reason, you came off looking like a re-My Friend with no regard for posting etiquette. I don't know why you didn't just type it all in capital letters while you were busy invading every thread with your discontent. :?

16. VolleyGrl

No offense, sir or ma'am, but if your friend of the family was an "intelligent consumer" they would have done their research, called around, found out consultation fees and made sure that before they paid money to an attorney they were at least talking to one that could handle their situation. At the very least, your claims about this woman taking his money and not returning calls is your extremely biased side of the story and the rest of us "ignorant" folks on this board at least know better than to just take your fanatic word for it.

17. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

I agree that this poster went overboard with the warnings, but for what it's worth, it seems that the intent was good. This has happened before on this site...someone posted a warning with the warning symbol beside it and everyone got their panties in a wad over it and ganged up on the poster. Although the method was flawed, this person was trying to save other people from being what he deems as swindled.

On a side note, using "etiquette" and "re-My Friend" in the same sentence seems.....wrong.

18. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

'Etiquette' is a manifestation of 'manners'...and 'manners' are simply social rules that make us think twice before we bash each other in the head with a club.

Say it once- point made. Say it ad infinitum...and you should (rhetorically speaking) get bashed in the head with a club.

I hate McDonald's.
    I hate McDonald's.
    I hate McDonald's.
    I hate McDonald's.
    I hate McDonald's.
    I hate McDonald's.
    I hate McDonald's....

Annoying, isn't it?

19. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

One more time and you eight McDonald's! :mrgreen:

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I could agree with the intent had this person started his own thread on the subject stating the FACTS instead of making nonsense comments in many threads.

That's annoying like a whiny toddler having a temper tantrum because they didn't get their way.