Hurricane Irene...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by harleygirl, Aug 23, 2011.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

2. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

3. KellBell

4. KellBell

"Forecasters caution that predictions made days in advance can be off by hundreds of miles." ~WRAL article

'nuff said folks....

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Well, I need beer anyway. :lol:

6. KellBell

well yeah! of course you do, no madda what! long weekend, hurricane, earthquake, all of the above. :cheers:

7. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

:iagree:

8. Savealot

Savealot Well-Known Member

Ok I'm listening to Bev Perdue and the way she pronounces Hur i ken. Makes my teeth itch! sorry

9. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

:iagree: And she said her mother's name is Irene, so ya'll can blame the hurricane on her!:mrgreen:

10. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Here is a version done by Leadbelly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs3mj1E8LSU

11. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

East...east...east......

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i'm jealous but i will be spending my birthday long weekend at a house on the oceanfront at Surf City relaxing with no one but DH:cheers:

13. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

We were just in Surf City last week! We try to go every year at least twice. Last week we stayed across the street from "The Trailer Bar" :lol:. It looks exactly like it sounds. :ack:

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i love it and feel very blessed that we have a very dear friend that has a house on the ocean front. It is so laid back and relaxing plus you can walk anywhere you need to go whether to eat or drink:hurray: and they are very pet friendly down there although we aren't taking any this time. We are actually going the weekend before our birthdays cause it fit better with our schedule but i really can't wait, we have not had a vacation at all this year and even though only 3 days, it is much needed.

15. Allioop

:hurray:Have fun and RELAX! If you get a chance, try the Tiger Butter fudge from the Topsail Trading Company. Yum!

16. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip girl, even though that is definitely the last thing i need:lol::lol: Where exactly is Topsail Trading?

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

11am update shows the track shifted slightly to the West now, now i think i may start watching closer.

18. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

The track to the west is going to cause panic now. I'm already hearing that some places are selling out of charcoal and propane. Guess it's time to see if the generator still works.

19. Allioop

http://www.tideandweather.com/

Here is the website. It's not too far from Bert's Surf Shop but on the other side of the road, closer to the bridge. They have lots of cool stuff in there.

20. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

We're going to get wet