Need ECU Campus Info

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Allioop, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Anyone familiar with the campus? I just need to know about the parking situation near the Mendenhall Student Center. PM me if you want. TIA. :)

2. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

3. Allioop

smart***

I'd rather talk to someone who has been there fyi. :lol:

4. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

Most of the parking is by permit only and it is difficult to find parking in a lot for visitors. To me, the easiest place to park is on the side streets between 5th and 1st street. You might have to walk a block or two, but it's not as much hassle as trying to find parking on campus. Another option is go by the ecu parking and transportation office and get a temporary permit. They could tell you which parking lots you can park in. They have a webpage you can get to from ECU's website. You might call them.

5. Allioop

THANK YOU! This is exactly what I needed to know. I have to attend 2 seminars there tomorrow. My first one is at 8:30am so I didn't want too much time trying to finding a place to park. I will try the side streets. I don't mind walking at all. Thanks again.

6. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

No problem! Just go to 5th street and work your way back towards 1st until you find a space. It is residential parallel parking. If you are looking at the campus from 5th street, Mendenhall is on the right side of the campus towards 10th, so you will want to park as close to the downtown side of 5th street as you can. Good luck! I hope the parking isn't too bad, because it can be pain.

7. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Yep...side of the street parking is your only option. Parking is crazy there as with any college campus.

8. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I've never been to the moon but I can find pics of it online. Just saying.

9. Allioop

I'm in Greenville tonight, and I drove down 5th street earlier just to get familiar with the area. Hopefully I'll find a place not too far away. Thanks again!

10. Allioop

Duh! I know how to google! I just wanted to hear from someone who has been to the campus. It helped to know about parking on the side streets vs. visitor parking. Anymore words of wisdom? :lol::jester:

11. Allioop

Thanks! I'll leave early and drive around I guess.

12. Allioop

Thanks LovingLife and Pirate Girl for the help. I was able to park on a side street, and got my exercise walking today. I wish it hadn't been so humid. :ack:

13. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Shouldn't be too hard considering their avg. student didn't graduate high school.

14. Allioop

Hey now! They look like high school students though. I have to admit I felt really old. There were maybe 3 people over the age of 21 in the seminars.

15. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Alli, I received my undergrad as well as my grad degree there. I did all of my coursework online for the grad degree except for presenting the final research project portion. I drove up one morning and thank GOD my uncle (husband's side) is a Lt. for Greenville PD. I was able to park at the station and he drove me to campus so I didn't have to fight parking. I did stop into the bookstore after my presentation and I felt ANCIENT! LOL

16. Allioop

I've done all my courses online too! I love it! I received undergrad at State about... ummmm 13 years ago. I'm back in school at ECU to get a second degree. I've done all my courses online as well. It is weird visiting a college campus after all these years. Here's something interesting that happened the other day... One of the seminars was in a theater at the student center. There is technology now where you can text a question and it will pop up on the large screen. It was funny because after about 5 minues, someone texted "there's a hurricane a brewin', stop asking questions so we can leave!" If only they had this technology years ago. I would have totally texted something like that! :lol:

17. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

My kids love that! We had a good time at the Creed/Skillet concert at Walnut Creek texting messages geared to their youth leaders who were sitting further back behind us. They also utilize it at the youth rallies and concerts they go to. Lots of fun! Smart thinking student at your seminar!!:mrgreen:

18. Allioop

Oh cool! I didn't realize it was used often now. It was my first time experiencing it. It's good thing the speaker had a good sense of humor there!