Hurricane Irene...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by harleygirl, Aug 23, 2011.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

So glad to have power this morning! It went on and off yesterday but always came back on again after a few seconds.
    Are there still a lot of people without power around 40/42?
    I hope that everyone is ok!

2. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

3. Steeler_Fan

Steeler_Fan Well-Known Member

I am going to start researching a generator. I don't want to be caugh off guard again, by another Hurricane or Ice storm. Power went out Friday night, never came back on until Sunday morning.

4. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

It's strange, I'm right at 40/42 and my DirecTV didn't even go out, let alone my power. I guess we were in the sweet spot. :)

5. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I had zero issues too on both, cable and lights.

:hurray:

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Maybe a total of 3 hours without power (it failed a few times), not to bad at all.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We didn't lose power either over near Archer Lodge. I know some around us did. Which is a shock because ours will go out at the drop of a hat, usually the first to go out and among the last to get it back.

I did venture out around 4:45 to pick up my son's glasses. It was pretty calm when I left but it got a little interesting getting home because of some trees down on Covered Bridge.

8. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Thankfully - me neither, not even a flicker! :cheers:

9. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

count your blessings and consider yourselves lucky.... i'm down in williamston and 2 of my cousins houses were demolished. Some people won't get electricity back until Thursday.

Next up today... helping them navigate the nightmare called FEMA to get emergency funds ......

10. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:grouphug::grouphug:

Oh that's awful. {{{ big hugs }}}

We lost power for a few hours and then it flickered on and off for a few hours after that, but no damage