The Little Gym - closing

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by pkc789, Aug 30, 2011.

1. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Just found out TLG in Clayton is closing 9/17. Anyone know of other good places in Clayton, Garner area that do "parent survival nights"?

2. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

OH..I hate to hear that. :?

3. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

I don't know whether it's any good or not, but I think the place that used to be Screaming Mimi's or something like that near Wal-Mart on 70 does something similar.

4. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

No, it's actually the same hourly daycare that Screamin' Mimi's was. I think they just changed the name and owners. I don't like it anymore. I used to take my kids there some, but not anymore. The kids there who need to be disciplined get away with too much.

5. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Totally agree. My child will NEVER go there again. The new owner had a real attitude problem and would not let me use hours previously purchased during those huge promotional sales the previous owner had while trying to raise money to open the Raleigh location.

6. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Oh wait, there is one on Aversboro Rd in Garner if it isn't too far. Right Time Kids....if they are still open anyway and it isn't too far.

7. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

It's too bad they can't get it together because the concept and the service is valuable. Back when it was Mimi's, there where times I've had a doctor's appointment or meeting and it was so nice to let my kids stay there for a couple of hours. It has definitley changed. The main problem I noticed the last time I took my girls was that the place was run by teenagers...teenagers trying discipline a room of toddlers up to pre-teens.

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I took DS to Screaming Mimi's once last year out of desperation. He HATED it. Paid that enrollment fee and their daily rate for one stinkin' day. I wasn't impressed either and considered it an expensive lesson.