TASTE OF CLEVELAND

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Jul 28, 2011.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Another email and this sounds fun, i was told that the gardens will be included and a DJ will be playing, also it is for adults only:cheers:

The Greater Cleveland Chamber of Commerce in conjunction with The Hall & Gardens at the Landmark will be hosting a new event, “A Taste of Cleveland”. This event will take place on Thursday, September 22, 6pm - 9pm at the Landmark. Restaurants and caterers are invited to set up a table with samples from their menu. Tickets will be sold for patrons to come and sample food from local restaurants, thereby creating “A Taste of Cleveland”.
    Restaurants that will be at the event:
    Cleveland Draft House
    Hinnant Family Vineyards
    McDonald's
    Backyard Bistro
    TerraFin Station
    LaPiazza
    Charlie BBQ
    Fiesta Mexicana
    We Cook for You
    Adam’s Winery
    Golden Corral

Ticket will go on sell soon! A portion of all proceeds will benefit The Partnership for Children of Johnston County’s Build a Miracle campaign!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

FYI, if you know a local restaurant you would like to participate, call the Chamber, it is not too late to sign up but need to do it soon so they will be included in all the advertising.

3. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

This sounds great! We Cook For You catered our daughter's wedding last Fall and were amazing! Chef Alvin Cotto was wonderful to work with and the food was plentiful and delicious! I'm excited to also try out some of the other vendor's samples now.

4. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

MacDonalds, golden corral??? LOL

5. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

maybe McDonalds will have smoothie samples or some of their 'better' choices? Just saw an ad for some new low cal chicken sandwich.

Golden Corral has gotten better. We were there a few weeks ago for the first time in many yrs, and everything I tried was good. Went last week for their breakfast buffet, it was all yummy! :lol:

6. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Since there is a admission fee will the food be free? If not, what is the admission fee?
    The best event titled "Tast of" that we ever attended was in Seattle. Big outdoor event. About every highly rated restaurant used to participate. You paid each restaurant for their offering.

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing, it doesn't mean they are bringing Big Macs... i was thinking their oatmeal with fruit, its pretty good.

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

There is an admission fee so all the food & wine inside is free. Not positive but i think the admission is $20 per person and $30 for 2. As for McDonalds i think they are providing beverages but like i said, not positive on details. Will be able to get some definites in the next week or so.

9. On the go

On the go Well-Known Member

Where, in the Cleveland area, is Backyard Bistro?

10. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Not in the Cleveland Area...it's actual across from the RBC Center but is owned by Lance Wheeler (4042 Medicap) and Jody Lumbrazo's hubby, Joe (she is @ Medicap 210). It is by FAR my FAVE restaurant!

11. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

This sounds fun. My Husband always says my #1 love is food. :)

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Ok so the tickets will be going on sale soon and they are $20 per person or $30 for two and there is an age restriction - 21yo and over only:cheers: More restaurants are signing up, should know exactly who else in the next couple weeks. This is gonna be fun

13. bandmom

Have you heard anymore about when and where to buy tickets?

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Got a meeting tomorrow, will let you know

15. bandmom

great, thanks! I have a few people that wanna come w/ me, sounds fun!

16. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Tickets go on sale today. You can get them at my office at the Lowes Foods complex at 42/50 Suite 210, CDH, Terrafin, Nicole's Closet, La Piazza, or the Chamber office up on 42:hurray:

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

bumping for our weekend 4042ers

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Hope y'all are getting your tickets since there is a limit of only 300 to be sold for the event:cheers:

19. bandmom

stopped by the chamber this afternoon to get mine, and no one was there....thought they were open til 5pm? guess I'll try again tomorrow. :banghead:

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

They usually are, something must have come up. I have them here at my office, they have them at Terrafin, CDH, & Nicole's Closet too.