Whats being built at 50 and 210?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JoCOminitrucker, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Gas is averaging 30 cents more in our area as compared to the western side of our state. I was astonished at how cheap it was when I took my daughter back to college. Thirty cents a gallon is a hefty bit.

Sherry

2. grandma4

grandma4 Well-Known Member

I also noticed it being the same price on both sides up at 40/42. Usually the Hess stations are a few cents cheaper. If you can, fill up at Glenn's on 50- local owed and run. Even at a few cents more, I would rather give them my $.
    They are the ones that will be hurt by Sheetz-but compitition is what we need right?
    Would be true if supply and demand is what dictates pricies- but not anymore.
    Speculators are ruining our economy-( look at oil, coffee.)

3. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

Three cheers for SHEETZ!

:hurray: I really love their milkshake machine, and my kids love the icee machine! Hmmmm, maybe this isn't such a good thing after all :lol: That will be a nice stop on our way out to go to the beach. We usually stop at the McDonald's to grab something for the kids to snack on along the way and the service there is always terrible. We'll stop at Sheetz now. I love their hot chocolate too, and they sell the best little cheese and fruit trays.

4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I used to go to Glenns exclusively. But you have to actually go inside to pay for gas and it smells sooo bad in there from cigarettes. Just the small amount of time to go in and pay you come out reeking of smoke. :cry:

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I go out of my way to fill up at AMERICAN owned stores. And will continue to do so till I'm dead. So there.

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

That's why i love the new owners of the gas station on 42 that closed down and reopened on the corner across from Burger King - they are owned by locals, i really like going in there and talking to them. One of the guys up there used to play baseball at NC State and my grandson loves talking to him.

7. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

The Marathon station, I agree.... very nice folks.

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

And as an Oil Company, you can't get much more American than Marathon.

Disclosure, I do work for Marathon, just wish that would convert to a discount!

9. snapper

snapper Well-Known Member

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

The article states the Town of Clayton gave Sheetz the go ahead for planning on a location at Amelia Church Rd & 42. That'll drive Sandhu's prices down, as well as the couple of stations up 42 near Barber Mill Rd.

11. You are right about Marathon, Hugh. When I was growing up in Michigan they had a very strong presence there. They run quality facilities and I have never had a problem with their gas. On the other hand, I will be going to Sheetz when it's open. Whenever I'm down in Fuquay (which isn't very often) I always fill up, and their cigarette prices are cheaper than other places. I really don't eat the food there, though. Something about gas station food gives me the willies. :ack:

12. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

As do I, I can't wait for them to open up..I stopped getting gas at the shell cause they are so rude in there it's crazy, we have complained about one girl in there so many times I stopped counting..so we stopped going there all together, and I just go down the street to the other one, now with Sheetz coming I'm even more willing to drive just a little further..oh well..

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Their food is actually pretty good, and the one on New Bern Ave. heading towards Knightdale had great sanitation ratings when I was stopping in there. I used to get their salads for lunch, good cheap hotdogs, fresh made sandwiches. Their nacho's aren't too bad either!

14. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

You wont EVER EVER NEVER EVER see me eat a sandwich, biscuit etc... from anywhere like that. <HURL> :ack::ack::ack::ack:

15. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Don't EVER say NEVER!!! :)

16. JoCOminitrucker

JoCOminitrucker Well-Known Member

sorry to raise the dead but who knows when the Sheetz is opening?

17. jtm

jtm Well-Known Member

Not soon enough!!!

While at the CVS a few weeks ago, I heard the clerk say January 23rd. I wouldn't bet my life savings on it, but it sounds reasonable.

18. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I heard this weekend as well.....