Ummm..............WHAT??? Job posting

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kdc1970, Sep 7, 2011.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I just saw this posting for a job, I'm going to take out the identifying information. Let me preface by saying I identify myself as Christian. I don't go to church every Sunday, but I believe. However, this has me :confused:.

Needless to say, it's up to the individual whether or not to apply. What are your thoughts?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX is a Christian, family-owned business located in XXXXXXXX, NC. It is our goal to attract and hire the best qualified and most competent candidates for employment with the XXXXXXX. Applications are evaluated according to the requirements of the job and the knowledge, skills and abilities possessed.

XXXXXXXXXXX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, color, national origin, sex, disability, genetic information or veteran status. XXXXXXXXXXXXXX owners and management desire to express Christian love to all who apply.

What does this in red mean exactly???

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Prepare to be evangelized... mercilessly.... until you repent. lol

Why not post this on the bulletin board of the church?

3. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like they're saying that you have to be Christian to get the job without actually saying you have to be Christian to get the job (because that's not legal). Or if you're not Christian you better be REEEEAAALLLLY tolerant of people who are as enthusiastic about being Christian as they are!! :lol:

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I've read a ton of job postings over the years, I think this one takes the cake. I could understand maybe if it was a church, but it's not. I guess you have been warned!! :lol:

I'm betting an atheist, or a Wiccan would really strain their statement about not discriminating on the basis of religion. :mrgreen:

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I am working for the Franciscan's this week, and they weren't even that bold! :?

6. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

I worked for a company that kept their religion in the forefront of their everyday business dealings. The boss would have Christian music playing all day and talk about the Bible a lot. Didn't bother me, because we shared the same religion, but I could see how it could bother someone not of the same faith. Maybe these people are just saying that they will hire anyone, but forewarning applicants that Christianity plays an active role in their business. It doesn't sound to me like they are saying you have to be Christian to get the job, just that they are openly and loudly Christian in everyday business,which would be off putting to a lot of people.

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Openly Christian is one thing, I have no issue with that. I was actually a church secretary for a short while, believe it or not. However, the whole "expressing Chrisitan love to all who apply" frankly skeeves me out.

8. Cleopatra

It makes me want to apply, get an interview... and freak them out. lol

"so, why did you think you would be a good fit for our office?"

"well, this morning, I saw Jesus on my toast... OH and just last night, I was draining the tub after giving my kids a bath and I swear the water gurgling sounded like "Swallow Your Soul!!!" it was then and there I knew that working at Walmart was working for the devil. Who KNOWS what those people are doing with the fish I sell to them!"

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Can I take up a collection so you will do this?? :jester: DH just got this really tiny video camera we could rig up. :lol:

10. VolleyGrl

And it's so professional of you to mention your employer in such a way on a public forum :roll:

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

And what way is that? Unwad those panty's girl!

12. Cleopatra

YES! And I'll bring some Holy (toilet) water to sprinkle on them!

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:jester:

14. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

A Buddhist, a Wiccan, and a Jew walk in to apply for the job. My question is What Would Jesus Do?.......

Just kidding around!

15. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Have a laugh!

16. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

:lol: I needed a laugh tonight!

I hope this link works:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jesus-Toast...all_Kitchen_Appliances_US&hash=item3f0ceafaf1

17. VolleyGrl

Hey, mention your employers by name on a public forum if you want. And it's "panties". :lol:

18. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

In the same vein...

In Fayetteville, there's a billboard for a church (or Fellowship). Not sure which church, but what got me is their tag line...

We "Love" Everybody

That's it exactly. My question is, why is the word "Love" in quotes?