Looking for......

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Feb 11, 2008.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

A friend of mine is looking for a full size 4x4 pick up truck,I already checked craigslist.
    Thanks!

2. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a bike seat for a child that will allow the child to weigh more than 40 lbs.

I have the traditional, sit on the back of the bike seat now, but it's only rated for 40lbs, and Little Bit is about 42. I had one of the WeeRide's that go between your legs up front, but it wasn't comfortable to ride.

I would consider a trailer that hooks behind the bike, but would rather have a seat.

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I am looking to unload the following:

2005 Yamaha V-Star Classic 1100 with lots of extras. BEAUTIFUL bike. $5500 OBO

2004 Jayco 27BH Travel Trailer that sleeps 8. $6500 OBO

No time for the toys anymore. :?

IRobot remote control gutter cleaner. This thing is COOL and works well (we got gutter helmets) $50 OBO

Unused Miche Bag with the Jayne shell $40

I have pics of all.

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Bikers Blvd does consignment. They sold DH's 03 Harley

5. JenniferK

ARRGGHHH!

I want your travel trailer, but I have two problems...

A) The truck isn't big enough to haul it

B) I'm broke...

lol

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thanks HG, I will pass that along to the DH.

Sorry Jen!! Yeah, the travel trailer is a hoss. It's about all the Hemi wants to pull to be sure. I would recommend at least an F250 or the 2500's in other trucks. It can be done with the 150's and the 1500's but it pushes the towing recommendations on most trucks. It would be GREAT to take and set up at the beach somewhere.

In fact, DH might be persuaded to deliver. ; )

7. JenniferK

Don't tempt me woman! HG and I have been trying to figure out how to afford a place at the beach!!!

8. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

maybe we could make monthly pmts to kdc??? hmmm.... I might be onto somethin. :lol::lol:

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

you know I luv ya...........but no! LOL

If you go halfsies...........it's not that much $$$ :jester:

10. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Looking for the two-owner, all original '65 Mustang I sold in 1994 because I had kids. Now the car my 15 year old wants is...wait for it...a '65 Mustang! :? Or a '66. Not looking for perfect, but as original as we can find. Currently looking on Craigslist and most are out of range $$ or they are manual (we need automatic). Anybody got one they want to part with??

11. JenniferK

You are a temptress! :lol:

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I want it GONE!! I will probably even throw in some new tires. :mrgreen:

It needs a new spring in the awning and the Jayco stickers have bubbled up in the sun, but we got a reasonable quote from Performance Signs on those. Or it would like fine without any stickers at all. The interior is nearly perfect, Amish oak cabinets, gas stove, gas water heater, outside shower sprayer, fridge, microwave, the original unused matching bedspreads, full bath with separate sink area, lots of storage and closets........................... I'll even throw in all the kitchen stuff I still have in there. :hurray:

13. JenniferK

You will probably have NO problem getting rid of it!

We want to upgrade, but it's probably not going to be this year. We pull the pop-up behind the Explorer, but what I'd really like is a trailer like yours or a
    5th wheel. We need to upgrade the Explorer first.

14. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

I don't have one but I have a suggestion...the last thing a 15 yr old new driver needs is a big engine sports car, especially one without air bags. Save it for when the 15 year old graduates from college or some other more distant milestone, which would give you plenty of time to keep looking for one.:idea:

15. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

:iagree: We got both of our teens older, but decent cars for them to 'learn' on, plus you should look into what insurance will cost, it can vary for different cars.

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

While I can see both of your points, I don't think Firefly was asking opinions on whether or not she should buy one. I personally would be telling you to MYOB, but that's just me. 8)

17. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Well, I might be upset if they knew ANYTHING about the car of which I seek. It is not a big engine car (289 or 302), but an inline 6. I drove mine every single day to work for years and I can promise it did not haul a$$ and I am not the idiot who fills the student parking with 2011 V8 $20K+ vehicles or a big a$$ 4x4 truck that can be seen at CHS and CHHS and I am sure every other high school for an inexperienced driver to wreck and kill someone. I know this because they fly up on my butt daily and run stop signs to try to beat me down Covered Bridge. *HP is about to be employed.8)

Speaking to my parenting skills, since it has arisen, my absolutely awesome insurance agent can attest that my oldest was nearly 17 when he finally got his license because he had not satisfied MY requirement for driving hours completed before setting out on his own. And on his own is extremely limited at the moment. The law has nothing on me. He is responsible in his driving (I have eyes out there and I trust him). He actually waits until the crazies have sped out of the parking lot before leaving and gets there extra early to avoid them in the mornings. And not because I make him...he thinks they are idiots too. He drives a honda, but wants something smaller.

Also, not that it matters to anyone else, but my youngest wants a vehicle that he can learn to work on and maintain, which is a hobby of sorts with his dad. Have you tried to work on a newer vehicle?

So, if anyone has such a vehicle, please let me know and I will get with the squirrel to see if it is feasible next year when he turns 16. If not, we will get him something else. Who knows what he will want by then anyway!!

FWIW, I appreciate you all being concerned. I am too, but I can promise you that we use all the tragic experiences in this county as a chance to talk about things that matter (like seatbelts, speed limits, idiot adults who ride his butt, turning in the license if he speeds or drives in a reckless manner, and no cell phones while driving, among a million other things!). In fact, this morning I was telling my oldest not to stop to help anyone along the roadside because of the idiots who are robbing folks at gunpoint when they stopped to help. It is a sad world we live in. I try my best. I cannot guarantee a darn thing, but I do try and I do worry every single day.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2011
  18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

See, I had a gut feeling about you.............that you are a good parent, not that you need to justify your decision to this board. That stuff just gets my goat. YOU know your kids better than anyone on a message board.

I also happen to know that a lot of those older Mustangs had V-6's. :jester:

I also hate to see kids driving brand new 8 cyclinder death traps, but if their parents decide to do it..........as I've stated before..........it's their choice. Not one I would make, but I'm not gonna walk up to one of their parents and spout my opinion.

In a similar vein, my DH (who is a GROWN man, people seem to forget) bought a 3 wheel ATV. Good grief, you would think he had bought a loaded gun and pointed it at his head, the way people react to it.

1. They are NOT illegal to OWN, they were banned from being sold in the US. That does NOT make them "illegal".
    2. Again, he's a grown man who has health insurance and life insurance. If he wants to ride it............so be it, I ain't his mama.
    3. He is NOT a daredevil type.

With that said, I am not thrilled with the whole ATV thing, but that is simply because my mother is permantly injured from falling off one. BUT she was inexperienced and had no business being on it in the first place. That does not mean everybody that rides one is gonna break their leg in 10 places.

19. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Thanks kdc...I agree about your dh and the atv. My dh had a motorcycle (Honda Shadow V-Twin 1100) before we had kids and I rode that thing with him until I was *gasp* 8 months pregnant with our first child. We didn't live here then and we were not irresponsible (it was almost 17 years ago in a rural area). We sold it when the baby was born, like the mustang, because kids are time consuming and expensive!! I recently mentioned he should get another (like your 1100 for sale), but he won't do it now. I wouldn't blink if he did. Gotta live life...with all the bad in mind, but live it nonetheless.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2011
  20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

See, that's the thing. Life is SHORT. You never know when it's going to be your last day on this earth, I saw it up close and personal when my stepfather dropped dead in Feb with no warning. He was all of 54 years old. I don't want my DH to have a lot of regrets about things he didn't get to do just because we have a child or whatever. He's had motorcycles, boats, the camper, etc because in the end........it's only money and you can't take it with you.

One of my BIL's used to race mini-stock cars and a different BIL was horrified that he would risk his life racing since he had a family. I told him at least he'd die doing something he enjoyed. What more can you ask for? :cheers: