Looking for......

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Feb 11, 2008.

1. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I am sorry about your stepfather. I lost my mom at age 53 after several long, hard years to colon cancer. I was 17 (a senior) when she got sick and 21 and just married and graduated from college when she died. It is hard no matter the circumstances. She spent her whole life working and raising 4 kids alone (I am the youngest). She was just about to set out and do some things for herself when she got sick. No guarantees, that much I know.
    My youngest wants to go to UNC-Charlotte and try to get onto a NASCAR team upon completion of his degree, so I get the BIL thing too. He really wants to drive one day. Gotta follow the dream, so we support him in that goal. If you don't follow it, you end up miserable and no one wants to be around you! I have been there too...so I left that dream for another. Life goes on!! Never felt that more than over the last week, that much is true!!!

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You really have been through the wringer! I'm so sorry about your mother and thank you for the kind words about my stepfather. Good luck to your son, at least he's got the guts to go for something he wants. :grouphug:

3. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Yeah, I guess I have, but really I am amazed at how blessed I am in my life. Everyone has stuff...just varies by degree and frequency. Thanks for the good conversation. Hope you have a great weekend! If I talk DH into the motorcycle, I'll let ya know!!! :mrgreen:

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:lol::lol::lol: I had never heard that expression til a few weeks ago and I cracked up! :grouphug:

Firefly....check you PM's. ; )

Goodnight everybody.

5. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Thanks PRM...I think a lot of you too!! And how did you know I was making biscuits this mornin'??? :cheers:

6. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

A Digital Piano with weighted keys.

7. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

Plush cats-my daughter wants to be a crazy cat lady for Halloween.

8. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

Looking for someone that wants free firewood, don't ask me what type of wood, I just know it burns :)

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

hey, call me, we can always use for the fire pit and camping!!

10. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

Come and get it, it's in the garage :)

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

cool, thanks, i will let DH know:grouphug:

12. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

If KC doesn't take all of it, we'll take some also. TIA

13. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Hey NOW!! :lol:

Sherry

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i'll let ya know HG, DH is going down today after work to get it.

15. harleygirl

Thanks!

We got some from our neighbor who lost a tree during a recent storm, but more is better for when we go camping.

16. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

You know where to throw the extra if there is any!!! :)

17. harleygirl

No problem!
    I'd like to have a little sock pile for the camping trips so I don't have to go BUY any. saving $ makes me a happy camper :mrgreen:

18. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Spiderman Costume

My son wants to be Spiderman (again) for Halloween. The stores sold out of the cheaper ones already, and I'm not spending $20 for something he'll wear once. So if anyone has one they'd like to get rid of, please let me know! He's 6 years old, but very small for his age, so a larger toddler size may fit him (regular clothes are 5T or a 4) Willing to spend up to $10 if in great condition and clean!

Also...I have a few toddler/infant sized costumes collecting dust in the attic if anyone is interested. I have 3 boys, so no girl costumes. I think there is a bumblebee, dinosaur, lion, and not sure what else.

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'm looking for old canning jars (or newer ones too). I have some projects in mind and I'd like to get my hands on some more. The more unique the better. I'd love the antique blue ones too. Willing to pay, but free is better. :jester:

Whatcha got/whatcha need?

20. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I've got about 10 brand new ones you can have. I bought them to try to can pickles, but decided I like the store bought ones better. You're welcome to come by after work one day and get them.