Need ideas for a mystery dinner

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Okay, throwing dd a surprise party and we want to do a mystery dinner type thing. Does anyone have ideas of how to go about doing this? I've heard people doing this type of thing for parties and seems to be a lot of fun. Let me know if you all have any ideas of how to create the murder and such. Do you have certain teams be the CSI, certain teams the suspects? Never done this before, though I'm sure you gathered that by now. Any help, ideas, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Stephanie-- mom to 7 (soon to be 10!!!)

2. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

I attended a Murder Mystery New Year's Eve bash, and the hosting couple purchased it as a game. The invitations, directions, character studies all came together. It was one of the most entertaining parties I have ever attended (as a grown-up :~)

3. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Do you find the games in retail stores and such? This would be for a 16yo and such. I've heard these types of parties really are a blast. Hoping. Trying to make it unique and special w/out breaking the bank. I have about 2 weeks to get ready. Thanks for letting me know it can come as a set. That would be the easiest way to go for sure. You should have seen us trying to rack our brains for a murder scene. LOL. Directions and characters already in place would be ideal. Even if someone has some type of website or where you can purchase these things. Thanks again. I'm actually excited about the idea.

Stephanie-- mom to 7 (soon to be 10!!!)

4. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

5. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

I have seen them at the major bookstores and I imagine Amazon probably carries a selection. Have fun!!