Question for the ladies

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Allioop, Sep 13, 2011.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:iagree:

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Those are CUTE! Wish I could wear heels!! You need to paint those tootsies red for sure. :cheers:

3. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I do like french manicures, but I don't like the french pedicures. I still think I may go with red because I am not getting acrylics, and my natural nails are short!

4. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about red fingernail polish. At my friend Tracey's Memorial Service last month my toenails and fingernails matched. No one else's did.
    The other women there had nice colors on their toes but clear coat or French on their fingers. I felt slightly out of style and OLD!

5. Allioop

Trust me, I can't wear heels for too long without my feet hurting. I am not looking forward to those heels for pictures, the ceremony and reception! Ouch!

6. Allioop

I'm going to find out what the other bridesmaids are doing. I'd rather go with clear just because if the red chips at all on my fingernails it will be very noticable!

7. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Two suggestions...and please forgive me if they've already been made. I haven't read every post yet. What about a shimmery, iridescent color? Or what about a silver...maybe not metallic but some shade of silver. I have some simple glitter silver polish that I do my toes with every once in a while and it's very pretty and light. I agree with you though...I love french on my hands but hate it on the toes. :) I also don't care for the red on red in the pics but it seems like I am in the minority there! Those shoes are cute though! I also agree that if red polish chips, it looks tacky. Hence why I'd go with the colors mentioned (leaning towards the silver w/ red and black) so I could do my hands the same. Good luck! Most of all, have fun!!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  8. Allioop

Great idea! Hmmm, Now I can't decide!

9. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Paint one hand silver and one hand clear. Problem solved!

10. Allioop

:lol:

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I like your idea PG! :iagree:

12. Allioop

I leaning more towards an iridescent color now. I tried the shoe on, and really only my first two toe nails are seen, and there is a lot of red on top of the shoe (that ruffle thing). If I were wearing strappy sandals, I think I'd go with red but I think it might be overkill with these shoes. They are a bright red!

13. Allioop

I was thinking red granny panties. :lol:

14. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I was thinking more along the lines of she should wear the old school reinforced heel and toe stockings with a glossy/shimmer look to them....don't have to worry about toenail polish then.....:mrgreen:

15. Allioop

yes! Why didn't I think of that? I might try red stockings though. :lol::jester:

16. elims

elims Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

17. Allioop

Yay! I found some on ebay. :lol:

[​IMG]

18. Allioop

I went with the shimmery nude color and it worked fine. One of the bridemaid's did red, and hers looked good too. We all ended up in flip flops at the reception anyway. Those shoes, though pretty, hurt like heck. :lol: The bride and groom provided Old Navy flip flops in the bathrooms for everyone. Cool idea!