Mule Days...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by harleygirl, Sep 14, 2011.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

2. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

3. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

I've been to both over the years. You'll like the Muscadine Festival if you like to drink wine. Much like Mule Days, you'll see a lot of drunk people there :cheers:

4. harleygirl

I've NEVER been to Mule Days :oops: :oops:

5. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

well then you should go! everyone should experience Mule Day at least once, lol! :lol:

6. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

four questions

will there be gay mules allowed?
    what should they wear?
    how long will they live?
    will the event be subsidized?

inquiring 4042 minds want to know

7. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I went..........................once. That was plenty.

9. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I've never been, and don't ever plan to...

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Yeah............I'm as "country" as the next girl..............but whew, it's beyond any experience I've ever had as far as the redneck factor goes, LOL. Not that there is anything wrong with that..................8)

11. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I went once, when I first moved here...my oldest son became nauseous from the smell of mule dooky and had a vomitfest :ack: all the way down the street. It wasn't funny that day, but we sure have had some laughs now that's he's an adult... I will never go back.

12. oggsmash

oggsmash Well-Known Member

Its an interesting event during the day, but much like a vampire movie, I would have no desire to be there after the sun sets.

13. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

As a kid growing up in this area you could not, not go to Mule Days. And for those of us who used to cruise Benson on a normal Friday/Saturday night, crusing at night during Mule Days was even more fun.

Even got a story of me and a couple of friends down there one year on our motorcycles parked on the side of the street for a bit. Friend of mine saw a cute girl, jump on his bike and took off. Got to the next block and hit a cow that had broken free from the rodeo and was running down the side street crossing the main drag.

14. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I used to go cruising too when I was in high school (late 80's). Mule Days was fun back then, but I wouldn't want to go now. Fortunately, neither of my teen boys has uttered a peep about going. Feels different now that I am the mama! :mrgreen:

15. 4ME2KNOW

4ME2KNOW Well-Known Member

Whew! A slew of memories from cruising Benson!!!

I grew up in Clayton and couldn't wait to get my license. We then moved to North Raleigh and you wouldn't believe how many people drove that far just to drive up and down the streets of Benson. But we had so much fun!

Remember the cars that had all different colored lights underneath and some even had hydraulics and would go bouncing down the street, and you had the rednecks of course with the rebel flags and the CB radio antennas. Gangsta wannabes and Rednecks united on the same street! :lol: And who could forget the Koolaid Gang!!!

Memories!:lol:

16. harleygirl

do tell.. call me if you need to. :lol:

CC Ryders play Saturday night, so I was gonna go see Birdy

17. jlc007

jlc007 Well-Known Member

Hmmmm.

Was thinking about going but now I'm not so sure.....what do y'all think about Clayton's festival thing that's coming up? Just started watching Lizard Lick Towing on TruTV and although it seems a little "staged", it cracks me up. Heard that the Lizard Lick crew was going to be at the Clayton shindig.

18. harleygirl

Benson, NC
    Telephone:E-Mail:Reply to Ad Web Site:

Description
    I need 1-2 people to help with BBQ concessions at Mule Days in Benson that starts next week. This is a 4 day event running from 12-12 Thursday-Sunday. No experience needed. Must be clean and presentable. $8/hour

19. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

The one and only time i went to Mule Days and it was cause Birdy was playing. The band was great but the rest of the night was, how shall i put it, a real experience:lol: Yep, my one and only time too:cheers:

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

HG, it's just a lot of folks riding and carrying on. Somewhat more family friendly during the day............but yeah. :jester: