Back Yard Trampoline??

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by mparkins7103, Sep 20, 2011.

1. mparkins7103

mparkins7103 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know the laws here in NC re: the lg backyard trampolines?? Has anyone had any legal issues??

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

No laws, same with pools - only homeowner's insurance have different requirements.

Your neighbor has a trampoline and no fence? Keep your kids out of their yard lol ;)

3. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

There are no county regulations in Johnston or Wake about trampolines.

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

If you are looking for one my neighbor to the left of me has one for FREE (i think ~ I can't read the little sign she has on there)

5. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

A lot of insurance companies won't insure you if you have a trampoline.

6. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

They fall under the category as an "attractive nuisance", and insurance can require fencing around, etc.

7. harleygirl

a fence around a trampoline? REALLY?

so ... i'm jumping, and jumping and wheeee flying off i go to get skewered by a fence post?
    Of course WAY back in the day... we did't have a fence around our trampolinle or our pool. Ahhh those were the days.

8. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

saw the best trampoline in the mountains.....right next to a four foot drop off...

that will keep the kips jumping straight up and down. or else..lol

9. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

maybe he means the backyard being fenced in, or having that mesh fencing that goes around the outside of the trampoline.

10. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I almost broke my neck on a trampoline when I was a kid. I'm kind of scared of them now...or at least scared to do flips on them.

11. harleygirl

If you come down right before the other person you can launch them a country mile! LOL

12. Allioop

:lol: I could think of some people I'd like to do that to! :jester:

13. mparkins7103

Wow thanks alot guys..and girls!! I will have to tell my husband about the homeowner ins situation....i have heard some of these things but was not buying it..guess i should have! I remember not having any fence or screening and literal being flung off of it in the dirt...we got right back up and at it again!! Days have changed thats for sure!!:?

14. mparkins7103

thanks HarleyGirl for the free heads up...I will let u know!!

15. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

The year after I graduated high school, the female PE teacher at that school was jumping on a trampoline and broke her neck, ended up quadraplegic sp. I cringe everytime I see a kid on one.

16. Allioop

Me too. I can't remember how old I was, but I was on my cousin's trampoline and landed very hard on my neck. I remember the panic I felt. My parents were scared to death. It hurt for a long time, but thank God it didn't break.

17. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I've owned a pool and a trampoline (with no enclosure - gasp!) No fence, No problem. Had State Farm. I did have a locking gate/deck arouund the pool by choice

18. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

There are requirements for pools.

19. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Same here. No enclosure here either. Accidents will happen. Period. You can climb a tree and break your neck from a fall. I had a major bicycle accident going down this huge hill as a kid. Ran right into a parked car...ouch. Trust me, we have enough daredevils in here to know they will try to do about anything. Whether you have the equipment or not. My boys didn't have bow & arrows but found a way to make them from the sticks & limbs in the woods. Out of poison oak. Oh yeh, lesson learned. LOL. Point I'm trying to make is you can't safety net an entire childhood. You can make anything dangerous. And if you don't believe me, give a stuffed animal to one of my kids & I'm sure they'll find some way to make it dangerous. Yes, I do think kids should wear bike helmets but I didn't as a kid. Mine wear seatbelts in the car but I didn't always do that as a kid. Many of the do this or you're going to die suggestions nowadays, not many of us did as a kid. We drank out of the creek or the water hose. We jumped on the trampolines w/ no net. We played w/ friends and just had to be home by dark. We've only had one broken bone in this house (not counting surgeries) & it was b/c my son "modified" his rollerskates. We have a pool as well. No issues w/ that either. Even neighbors all know the pool rules. I think if you stress safety to your kids it will be okay. We all fell as kids. We all get back up. I'm sure some of you have battle scars from a kid. My knees tell the stories of what I did as a kid. Even that bike accident. Yet, I wouldn't change it for the world. Loved being a kid & hope my kids have that same experience. Be safe everyone.

Stephanie-- mom to 7 (soon to be 10)

20. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

I put up a 4 foot pool with a removable ladder for the Summer. State Farm told me I had to put up a 4 foot fence. :?