Birthday Party Ideas?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by keemom, Sep 19, 2011.

1. keemom

keemom Well-Known Member

My daughter is turning 5 next month and I'd like some ideas of where to have a party for her and some of her friends. Some place local would be great....I don't know that I really want to ask people to drive to Raleigh or Cary. Thanks!

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

So, you don't want to do anything at your home?

Sherry

3. keemom

keemom Well-Known Member

Not really. We usually have a family party in our backyard, but this year some of her friends in preschool are having "friend" birthday parties. I'd prefer not to have a bunch of kids running around my house making a mess if the weather isn't good enough to be outside.

4. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I know this may be old, but when I was a kid probably about the same age range my mom had a person who puts on a marionette show. I remember I liked it so much my mom had the woman come back for my birthday the following year.

Auxie likes this.
  5. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

:cheers: I hear ya. Maybe you could try that new Bouncing place where Morgan's Gymnastics used to be. I still haven't been there but heard that it's fun.

6. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

Jumpin Jax is at 40/42 behind Golden Corrall. They have birthday parties at a reasonable price. I take my toddlers there in the toddler section, but the older kids seem to love the big kid section!

www.Jumpinjkids.com

7. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Someplace that will host the party for you, or just someplace to have a party? You could go to a park like the Clayton Community Park off of Amelia Church Rd .. there's a playground right there that the kids could play on, near a pavilion/covered picnic area. I know they can be busy on weekends with sporting events and activities, so not sure how you'd go about assuring some space .. but it's a thought.

8. crunchymom

crunchymom Well-Known Member

We've been to a few birthday parties at the Kid's Clubhouse. Also, we did our daughter's 4th party at DanceArt Dance Studio last year. The teacher dressed up as a princess, and the girls really loved it.

9. mparkins7103

mparkins7103 Well-Known Member

Park Birthday party!!

What about a park?? Usually around 20.00 an hour....I am doing my son's 7th b-day @ White Deer Park in garner...2 hrs = 40.00. The kids get to play right next to the shelter/tables at the playground! Cheap, fun, and you can invite alot of kids and dont have to worry about a HOUSE clean up!!:lol:

10. tatertot36

tatertot36 Well-Known Member

Howell Theater

I just booked my boys party at the Howell and am excited about it. They will let you choose the movie (of those that are current). The cost ranges from $6-9 per person depending on the package you choose.

Karen

11. keemom

keemom Well-Known Member

Thanks for some ideas! I definitely want to do it somewhere that they will do the hosting for me. We've been to a few parties at Kids Clubhouse, so I don't really want to do it there. I was thinking DanceArt (my daughter takes dance there), but I'm not sure. In preschool, I feel like I should be inviting her whole class instead of just girls, and I don't know if the boys would like a dance party.
    Would you invite a whole preschool class or just the girls your daughter wants to invite at this age? I'd hate to make any of the kids feel left out.

12. mparkins7103

mparkins7103 Well-Known Member

I WOULD INVITE THE WHOLE CLASS..I HAVE FOUND OUT THAT 1/2 USUALLY ONLY COME ANYWAYS.....MOST HAVE OTHER STUFF GOING ON!!

13. keemom

keemom Well-Known Member

That's what I figured. I'm trying to figure out minimal work and cost for me, but still a fun party for boys and girls!

14. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

bounce house, skating, bowling or Adventure Landing would be good for both boys and girls.

15. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Has anyone had a party at Tag Ur It in Smithfield?

16. Heather Ernst

Heather Ernst New Member

I would suggest you to throw a theme party based on her favorite cartoon character like Minnie mouse or something like that. Recently it was my niece's birthday party, we surprised her with a Minnie theme party. We arranged minnie cake minnie gifts and all staff. Even we arranged return gifts we gave cat eye sunglasses to every child which they really liked. You can find them at any sunglasses distributors selling sunglasses in bulk online. Or else you can make a giveaway theme based bags. Hope it is useful

17. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

looks like this post is 6 years old.

barney726 likes this.
  18. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

It still might work out ok,,

19. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

easter. resurrection. time.

Hught likes this.
  20. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Birthdays do come around every year ...... or more often it seems as you get older .... ;)