Driving rants:

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bandmom, Jun 18, 2009.

1. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

so are u saying the cop got him, or used the lane improperly too?

2. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I recently found out my dad is now one of those drivers that doesn't think he's doing anything wrong while others are giving him the finger and/or honking at him. He's on his cell phone and trying to eat a Dairy Queen sundae at the same time while driving. He's only 62. I can't imagine what he'll be like at 70! If he makes it that long! :oops:

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

that Raleigh cop breaks all the laws while commuting from our neck of the woods to the big city for work. I see him almost daily driving like Richard Petty. I am still hoping to get lucky enough to get his license number. He is an idiot and drives like a maniac.

4. KellBell

guarantee that cop was bullying his way and using the lane improperly...he is a DA.

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I would like to ask all the folks on the road who apparently have no where to be during commute times to kindly stay off the road until the rest of us get to work. Or if you must do your Sunday driving on a Wednesday morning, kindly do at least the speed limit instead of 10 miles an hour under. Thank you. Better yet, jerkface in the newer white F150 on 42 this morning, hang up and PAY ATTENTION.

6. KellBell

:cheers:

7. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

When I am sitting at a red light with people behind me and the light turns green give me a second to go through the traffic light before you honk. What a jerk I had behind me this morning.

Hey jerk, if everyone wonders why you were late to work tell them you could not wait a second and then when the driver in front of you turned that crazy lady drove slow. Tough luck for being a butt head.

Really.....first thing in the morning....jerk.

Sherry

8. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

a little more patience

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Patience for what? Idiots? I think not. If you can't maintain speed, stay in your lane and obey basic traffic laws, you need not be on the road. Period.

10. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

Just a thought: Elderly drivers on the road that have a legal, up-to-date driver's license have every right to be on the road. The posted speed limit is the fastest speed you are permitted to legally go, NOT the speed you have to go, and not a suggestion of what might be an acceptable speed for today. So if my grandma is making you late by going ten under, and that is the speed she feels safe driving at, perhaps you should plan your commute better and add an extra ten minutes to the time you need to leave instead of complaining about how slow she is or how she is making you late, or trying to kill her and everyone around you by driving aggressively. Take responsibility and quit cutting it so close in your time planning. OK, done with my rant.

11. BuzzMyMonkey

yeah, you tell em.

12. mparkins7103

mparkins7103 Well-Known Member

BLOCKING BUISNESS INTERSECTIONS

WHY IS IT THAT PEOPLE THINK IT IS OK TO BLOCK AN INTERSECTION IN/OUT OF A BUISNESS? ARE PEOPLE REALLY AFRAID THAT THE 1 CAR COMING OUT OF A GAS STATION IS REALLY GOING TO TIE UP THIER LIFE....I AM NOT FROM HERE AND I CANT UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE BLOCK GAS STATIONS AND FOOD PLACES LIKE PEOPLE MIGHT NOT WANT TO GET OUT TO ANOTHER LANE OR GO THE OTHER DIRECTION...NOT EVERYONE IS TRYING TO CUT YOU OFF...WHERE I AM FROM SOMEONE WOULD GET OUT OF THE CAR AND GO CRAZY ON YOU OR HIT YOUR CAR...ALSO I THINK THERE IS SOME KIND OF LAW THAT U CANT BLOCK INTERSECTIONS...WHAT IF THERE WAS AN EMERGENCY?? PEOPLE NEED TO CHILL ON ALWAYS TRYING TO GET THE ONE LEG UP ON SOMEONE ALL THE TIME....I AM FROM ALOT BIGGER CITY WHERE PEOPLE DRIVE LIKE A**HOLES BUT SINCE MOVING HERE 5 YRS AGO...I WOULD DRIVE BACK THERE IN A HEART BEAT!! :neutral:

13. BuzzMyMonkey

good, see ya later

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Newsflash if this was directed at me. I was not late. I do allow for the morons on the road. Elderly get a pass from me, this one wasn't.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2011
  15. mparkins7103

mparkins7103 Well-Known Member

GUESS YOUR ONE OF THEM........

16. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

No need for a newsflash, I was just sharing a driving rant like everyone else here. My rant came from an experience I had this past weekend.

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Good, because your timing seemed to insinuate I should have left earlier. I got to work on time, no thanks to the idiot. I have to leave earlier than I should have to every day, because i will undoubtedly encounter someone without a clue.

One of these mornings, however, I am going to go Kathy Bates on the people who block off Hwy 42 trying to squeeze into West Clayton Elem. THESE people either need a traffic intervention. I'd hand out tickets all day long if I was part of the Clayton PD.

18. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

The older lady in front of me coming out of Smithfield on 301 was hauling *** down 301 towards 4Oaks. speed limit is 45, she HAD to be running 65-70 easily. When I get old, I'm gonna FLY everywhere. :lol: I have a heavy foot anyway. 8)

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That's my Grandmother to a "T". Don't get in her way either! :lol::lol::lol:

20. KellBell

I say if 'Grandma' is an idiot, then so be it. Get off the road during commute time or go the speed limit.

and that's not from this past weekends experience, it's how I feel all the time. :rolleyes: