Kindle News!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kdc1970, Sep 21, 2011.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

3. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

How do you return a borrowed book? And do they charge you a late fee?

I'm a kindle-My Friend. I know ZERO about them. I' doing good if I can work the caps button and space bar on the laptop right. I backspace a bazillion times just trynna post.

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Another poster was kind enough to PM me that Wake County does do this. JoCo does not, unfortunately. However, I think you may be able to pay to have a Wake library card? I have some research to do, but actual work is needing to be done. ; )

Nsane, the Kindle is very easy to use and download. I'm somewhat tech savvy, but it's really no problem. I love mine so much. :jester:

5. shygrrl

shygrrl Well-Known Member

To borrow books from Wake county when you have a JoCo address costs $25 a year. That is not too bad but I looked at the list of books available for download to Kindle from the Wake County site last night and there was not that much to choose from. Besides that, most of the books were checked out and had a waiting list. Hopefully they will start adding to the list soon!

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

good to know! thanks!!

:)

7. shygrrl

shygrrl Well-Known Member

BUT for those of you lucky guys who live on the edge and have a Garner address, you LOOK like you like in Wake County and don't have to pay the fee!

8. gdogg79

gdogg79 Well-Known Member

Yep, that's me! I'm looking forward to being able to check out books once they get more of a selection.

9. wed2x

wed2x Well-Known Member

I had the Nook and had access to library books. It was taking MONTHS to get a reserved book. It was not worth it. I finally sold my Nook and am back to regular books. I get my requests within a week.

10. Ron Still

Ron Still Well-Known Member

We have 4 day a week book delivery from other libraries.

With patron pickup at 40/42. The late fees from other libraries are generally $.25 and the loan period is usually 12 days, with possible renewal, if no one is waiting to borrow the book. 919-661-6565 or Ron@4042needs.org

11. Ron Still

Ron Still Well-Known Member

Returning E-book and late fee question

When you borrow a Kindle book from a library, you usually can return it early or just select either a 7 or 14 day borrowing time. You can just let it time out without a late fee.