American Hikers in Iran set free.

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Sep 21, 2011.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

2. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

they shouldn't of been spying

3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

How stupid could you be. Hiking the Iraq/Iran border. At the time we were waging war in Iraq and Iran has hated us since the fall of the Shaw. And that was back in the 70's when I was still in high school.

If they wanted to hike they could of Appalachian trail, the great wall of China, or any other trail. Climb Mount Everest or Mount Fuji. Even go hiking through Hawaii.

Personally I think they should of left all three of them there in jail to rot. They're no heroes they are just idiots!!!!

literary license from "Back to the future"
    Sam Baines: Their idiots. Comes from upbringing. Their parents are probably idiots too. Lorraine, if you ever have kids that acts that way I'll disown you.

4. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Actually I agree with you!
    I'm just glad for their families!

5. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

thank you Rocky! I was wondering if it was just me. You can afford to get to Iraq during a war, why not go anyplace else in the world?!

6. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I am glad they are out. Hope this does not scar them for life. People make mistakes and that is what happened.

7. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

glad they are out too! but damk! what a sunny disposition you have.

8. BuzzMyMonkey

that's just plain stupid.

9. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

They'll be just fine; a couple of months leave and they'll be sitting behind a desk at Langley like nothing ever happened.

IMHO...

10. BuzzMyMonkey

So why did ransom come from Oman for their release???

11. Sherry A.

I try.

Sherry

12. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

It's called personal responsibility, folks. That, and common sense, are becoming a thing of the past.

13. Sherry A.

Devil's Advocate: So if while visiting Russia......I was taking a walk and low and behold I am captured and questioned by Iranian police is nobody supposed to help from our State Department? I did not know that my foot crossed over because nothing was marked, I was just picking the wonderful cherries they grow in Russia.

Sherry

14. BuzzMyMonkey

That is clearly a stupid analogy, I didn't know Russia has a border w/ Iran.

Also it would be similar to someone going hiking down in Texas near the border of nuevo laredo and gets shot by drug gangs, it would serve them right for being so stupid to be an an area like that. These hikers knew they were near the Iranian border.

15. Sherry A.

In my day Georgia and Azerbaijan were bordered by Iran and both were located in Russia/USSR. Either way your scenario just makes no sense.

Sherry