who's got the best

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sirputz, Sep 26, 2011.

1. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

internet around here?

I want something high speed, and i've tried getting prices online about Century Link, but it keeps redirecting me to the Business end and I want Residential

I know it depends on where you live as to what's available, and I live near Don Lee's Gas, about 1/2 mile from it to be exact off of Old Fairground.

So anyone near me willing to share what you pay for internet (I don't want home phone, but even if you have it bundled I'd like to know if you'd share)

Thanks!! Hoping to be out of the 1990's by my next paycheck on Oct 14th!

2. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I have Century link, it's 24.99 - but it's also bundled with my local phone service.

3. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I have century link INTERNET only 35/mo

5. elims

elims Well-Known Member

How have you guys liked Century Link so far? I'm so tired of paying a fortune for Time Warner's cable/phone/internet ... I just can't afford it.
    What do you like most? Least?

6. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Long before it was Century Link back when it was Sprint we had their DSL service and it was ok, that is until we picked up Roadrunner. At that point comparing the speed of Roadrunner to DSL was like comparing the speed of a 56k modem to DSL.

If heavy web/internet use is not your thing then either DSL or RR Lite would probably work just fine depending on which you prefer and has a better price. If you are a heavy web user then I honestly don't think the DSL service can compare speed/price wise.

but then again I'm spoiled here at work with a dedicated fiber line currently limited to 25Mbps.

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

thanks for posting that link above, because we watch a lot of Netflix i guess i am gonna be stuck with TWC for awhile.

8. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Yeah, I work from home ... so need the internet as my primary concern... phone second .. cable third. Might just have to drop the cable. Guess I'll go have a 'discussion' with TWC.

Sirputz - I tried to check out their residential website and got routed to business also ... maybe that means it doesnt have residential available at our addresses? I'd consider Time-Warner last if I were you ... much $$$ but they do have coverage if no one else does.

9. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

Is that with no landline? What speed? I keep getting the runaround trying to find out how much DSL w/o a landline is now. When I first signed up, it cost an additional $18 per month if you didn't have a landline. At that time, I was paying less than that 9before all the fees) for my landline, LOL! W/ so many people doing away w/ landline, I'm hoping they have reduced that amount.
    I am currently paying 29.95 per month for 3.0 speed, but that is in a bundle. I may do away w/ the landline depending on the DSL only price.

10. 27577

27577 Guest

not gonna say they are the best but...i have time warner. 30/month with no contract. i got the 10mb plan with turbo boost. i have seen dl rates reaching 15mb.