One too many creepy crawley...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bystander, Sep 27, 2011.

1. bystander

bystander Well-Known Member

I've seen one too many creepy crawley. What is the best exterminating company to use?
    Thanks!

2. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Good question. We seem to have more than our share of spiders this year. They're EVERYWHERE!!! :ack:

3. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

We use Dodson. They come out once every few months to spray inside and out. The chemicals they use are not harmful to children or pets and can be sprayed while you're in the home. I believe it's less than $100 per visit. We haven't seen a bug inside the house since we started using them earlier this year. Before that, we had ants, spiders, and other bugs sneaking in. The outside spraying also helped with the spiders that would spin webs by our doors and porch. Hope this helps!

4. SunShine26

SunShine26 Well-Known Member

I bought some of the "Home Ortho" stuff from Lowe's.....works magic. Haven't seen a single ant inside my house since. I also sprayed it around the house outside and around the door frame because of spiders. That was about 4 months ago, and just saw my first spider outside since.

5. 27577

27577 Guest

bifenthrin is the active ingredient. the same stuff the pc guy uses. spray doors, windows, vents, utilities, trash area. and save yourself alot of money.

6. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Thanks, 27577!! :)

7. LovingLife10

http://toxipedia.org/display/toxipedia/Bifenthrin

Make sure you are aware of what you are spraying in your home, especially if you have small children or pets. Read the "human Health Effects" section of this webpage about bifenthrin for more info.

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Any idea how to keep the spiders off the house to start with. They make a mess and I am eat up with them. We treat the house itself and the yard, but the LOVE to live on my vinyl siding higher than the areas sprayed.:? There is one near my bay window that I'm keeping for a freaking Halloween decoration.

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

You should see the big honkin one I've got at the FRONT door. :?
    I don't go out that door, but if anyone came up on the porch they'd probably never get out of the web, it's so big. :ack:

10. LovingLife10

Like I was saying in my other post, we had Dodson come for a very reasonable price. They spray all around your door, windows, and porches on the outside, even high up. We had big spiders spinning webs around our front door. We would run in and out hoping not to have a spider crawl on us. I hate spiders! After Dodson, they were gone inside and out. They now come about once a quarter. Dodson, not the spiders! Lol!

11. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

12. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

They don't bother me, I find them interesting as long as they stay away from me. :mrgreen:

13. LovingLife10

Interesting. I am extremely cautious these days about toxic chemicals and even plants. I have 20 month old twins that are into everything. Just last month one of them got a tiny piece or our peace lily, which I had no idea was toxic, and actually poisoned himself. He didn't even swallow the leaf, just chewed on it for a second. Ended up vomitting most of the day and had blisters on his lips from the leaf. Could have been worse. Chemicals and toxic plants are much more dangerous for small children and pets. Just because it's fine for adults, doesn't mean it's safe for children that might ingest it. Needless to say, I do my research these days!

14. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

We recently used Dynamic Pest control out of Clayton. They hold the termite bond on our new house.

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Now that is an original idea to keep door to door sales people away:lol:

16. 27577

27577 Guest

most of the chemicals that a pc company uses come from the ag industry. used correctly they are safe and effective. its the morons who mix it much stronger than the labelled rate that start causing problems.