septic pumped

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by WhatNow, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Sounds reasonable for the # of people. We have 9 here and must have ours pumped every single year. We are adding 3 more people but the county inspector who came here said that should not be a problem. Last year's bill was well over $575. Ouch! BUT, that was b/c the stupid concrete lid literally crumbled when it was removed. There was also two other issues. Otherwise, it is normally two something. I think around $225 or so. Can't remember exactly. Just know it's better than the alternative of not getting it pumped out. I've found all the local guys to be pretty fair in this business.

Stephanie-- mom to 7 (soon to be 10!!!)

2. Bluewillow

Bluewillow Well-Known Member

So, I assume Mr. Hardee listed in this topic is the preferred septic tank "master". Does anyone have any additional help or information for me? This is our first house with a septic system and I want to hire someone with a good reputation. Thanks for your help! Sheila

3. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Mr. Hardee is the man! You won't be disappointed.

4. Bluewillow

Bluewillow Well-Known Member

Thanks so much, Michelle! Want to take care of this before the holidays.

5. 27577

27577 Guest

this house is my first house with a septic tank. i dug out the covers. they were under about 6" of dirt. was hoping to get a break on pumping, nope. next time they can find it and dig it up. i used hardee several years ago also.

6. Resident

Resident Well-Known Member

How do you know where the place they pump it is? I've been in my house 13 years, never had it pumped, didn't know I had to have it pumped, and see no place where there is concrete, a metal handle, etc... Now I'm worried... Should have been pumped a long time ago. I guess I'm really lucky. Any ideas how they find where to pump it if there's no visible place?

7. OutdoorPlay

OutdoorPlay Well-Known Member

8. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

I had mine pumped last December. I think it was the first time. The guy came out and poked around for the lids. House built in 1974! Found out lids were 2 feet deep. 13 years old shouldn't be that deep.

9. Resident

Resident Well-Known Member