Belfor Restoration

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Ksokol22, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Ksokol22

Ksokol22 Well-Known Member

If you need restoration work done, do NOT have Belfor do the work. They're employees are very rude and unprofessional. They took 4 months to even get started on the work at our house. When they DID start the work that needed to be done, they showed up hours late, and had to come back another day to finish what they started. It was about a 6-7 month process all together, when it should have taken them two months at most.

The man handling our "case" never showed up like he was supposed to. The workers messed up a lot of things: they cut our water line, there are bubbles in the new flooring, they chipped our cabinets, and they broke two doors. Plus they left all of their garbage in our yard. They didn't have the tools they needed, so they had to use ours, and even took some of them with them.

They never came back to fix the doors they broke; our neighbor came over to fix them for us. And when they moved all the stuff out of our kitchen to do the work, they moved it all in the living room, which caused a huge hazard, and they left it that way for a couple days. My daughter was stuck in her crib all day because of it.

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Did I read that right? You left your daughter in her crib all day because they moved furniture in the way? Seriously? You couldn't move it yourself or get someone, ANYONE to move it? I don't understand. :?

3. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

KDC, I can't be sure, but I think what she meant is that she had to keep her daughter in the crib versus letting her crawl around on the floor, due to safety, not because she couldn't get to her...

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I hope that's what she meant, because that makes zero sense to me. :confused:

5. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

If you weren't satisfied with the work, and they took tools that didn't belong to them, I would hope you did not pay them until they fixed the problems and returned the tools.

6. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Sounds like the movie 'Money Pit" with the construction workers

7. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

how bout you butt out of other parents business, didn't you recently throw that at someone else??

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

How about you crawl back under the bridge?

9. BuzzMyMonkey

just looking for some consistency,

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. BuzzMyMonkey

not so, just seeing why its ok that she does the same thing she chided another poster for doing. There's a word for that I do believe.

12. Ksokol22

Ksokol22 Well-Known Member

Jennifer: You are right about the safety reason. I did NOT leave my daughter unattended in the crib all day. They told us nothing could be put back into the kitchen until they finished the next day, due to the wet glue under the floor. It was even unsafe for myself to walk through the living room, let alone my 8 month old daughter.

13. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

If they took my tools, I would be filing charges against them and contesting the payment with my bank. This sounds like a juicy one for Five on your Side or the chick from ABC11. No way would I let it ride without a fight...but that's just me.

14. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Sounds like you have endured quite a time with that company! Your post does create some questions. Why did you even have them do the work if there was such an initial delay? Why didn't you throw them out and stop the work when they were doing poorly and destroying your house? Did you check their references? Did you get other estimates? Were they the cheapest? Hopefully you did not pay them!!!

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Sorry OP, your post was confusing and as I noted in my original post, I had some doubt about whether I was interpreting it correctly.

With that said. Good grief! Grow a spine! People only treat you as bad as you let them and after your intitial difficulties, I would have sent them on their merry way. There are plenty of contractors out there. :?

16. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

this was just the first picture that came to mind. :mrgreen:

17. BuzzMyMonkey

good pic, bookmark it for later use