New Store Opening at White Oak

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by KellBell, Oct 13, 2011.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

2. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

Ooo. I've seen the sale flyers in the Sunday paper.

3. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

I have only been to one and it's in Cary Crossroads next to Best Buy. I heard they had cheap phone and computer cases. I didn't purchase anything, but they did have lots of cheap stuff. It's kinda like a giant dollar store. Just a bunch of random cheap things.

4. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

There's one next to the Super Target near Triangle Town Center. It's like a Dollar Tree, except it's a 5 Dollar Tree. Some stuff is less.

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I've been to the one in Cary... not impressed... maybe good for buying holiday wrapping paper, gift bags, etc.... but most of the other stuff looked pretty cheap and cheezy. I think my mom actually bought a phone case there, IIRC it started coming undone at the seam within a month. I reminded her you get what you pay for...

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Yep... looks like dollar tree crap that they are getting you to pay $5 dolla' for!

7. 4ME2KNOW

4ME2KNOW Well-Known Member

I have to disagree on it being dollar tree crap.

Last year I went to the one in Cary and loaded up on Christmas gifts for the nieces and nephews and stocking stuffers for my own kids. They had lots of craft kits and board games, they had a load of college themed items and scarves, trendy belts, mittens, etc. Make up kits for the teens, I loved all the holiday themed items.

There was no way I could buy expensive items for all of the little ones on my list so this place really saved Christmas if ya ask me.

Guess I'll save on gas this year too since its a lot closer than Cary!

:)

8. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

thanks for the ACTUAL review! i've never been in one, but i've been meaning to. i'm sure it's a lot like big lots or dollar tree where it totally depends on what you're looking for or even if you're looking for something. i find lately that the more i'm not looking, the more i'm actually able to find...if that makes sense! what's useful to some is completely useless to others...that's true in high end or bargain stores. it'll be much easier to check out since it's closer to home.

9. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Well I guess if your not shopping for kids, who will either break it themselves or grow out of it before its moneys worth is gotten out of it, its a great place to shop. But... for someone with no children... its not the store for me. I like quality merchandise that will last, and I don't mind paying more for it. I also try not to buy junk that is "Made in China", which those stores are full of.

Again.. just my own opinion.

8)

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We went to the one in Cary last year as well. Yes, in my opinion, it's overpriced dollar store merchandise. You will do better watching sales for higher quality items. We went because of the sales flyer and the stuff looked way better in the ads than it did in person. We were looking for stocking stuffers my tween nieces. I didn't buy anything.

11. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

:iagree: The only advantage it has over the Dollar Store is the selection is better...but still cheap IMO.

12. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Always fun to explore dollar stores ... never know what gems you might find. Went in one at the OBX and saw pregnancy tests there at the checkout aisle. Yeah .. I'm gonna buy a dollar-store pregnancy test and rely on the results. Yikes!

13. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

...sort of like Ollie's Bargain Outlet?

14. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

LOL! I have seen those too! and dollar store monistat...umm, I don't think so. :?

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Ollies is better, esp if you like books/cookbooks. Ollies is more like Big Lots. You never know what you may find in there, but it's generally name brand or at least recognizable. But I usually only buy cookbooks in there. I've also seen a lot of Paula Deen cookware in there.

16. Allioop

I saw those too at the Dollar Store. :lol: I'd like to find out if anyone has actually used one and it worked.

17. Allioop

What?!! :shock: They need a warning "use at your own risk." :lol:

18. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Just the fact that you're only paying a buck should speak volumns!!! :)

19. Allioop

:lol: true

20. elims

elims Well-Known Member

See? Dollar stores can be fun! ;)