What is a reasonable amount to send a Teen to the fair with?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ZUMBAbyMARIE, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Yes, you have to do order advance tickets before the first day of the fair. We have been doing this the last couple of years and it does save money! My girls love the rides so we bought 4 ticket sheets (18 per sheet) for $40. We saved about $30 dollars on rides and $8 on admission.

2. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

I bought her two sets of ride tickets and the admission yesterday. They charged a service fee, but I still saved some money.

3. elims

elims Well-Known Member

My gosh, I had no idea the fair was so expensive!!!

4. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I've only been to a state fair three times in my life. Once in West Palm beach Florida and twice to Raleigh. Last time I was there was 11 years ago. I am not a big fan of crowds or over priced junk food. And my stomach doesn't do well on rides. I tend to lose my lunch....

I have my own excitement tomorrow. I have my State CNA test to go for at Wake Tech behind Wake Med. I just hope I don't lose my lunch tomorrow doing the hands on part of the test. I am nervous just thinking bout it.

For all those who plan on going to the fair, have fun.

5. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

This is why mine have never been. 7 kids. 10 kids as of today. I can't do around $750 for the fair.-- not even counting us. LOL. We went to an amusement park this summer and ALL of us could ride any ride for however many times we wanted to. Cost us $200 for all 9 of us. Way cheaper than the fair. I wish they would go a little less on price. I've kindly reminded my kids that they went this summer & that's why they're not going to the fair. They do understand which I'm grateful for. I too have heard that going for one person, $75 is the norm. Have fun to those going. Great weekend for it.

Stephanie-- mom to 10

6. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

FYI:

Food Lion Hunger Relief Day
    Thursday, Oct. 20, 2011

Fairgoers can bring four cans of food to the N.C. State Fair on
    Thursday, Oct. 20, to exchange for one free admission ticket.

[​IMG]Hunger Relief Day at the Fair is one of the largest one-day canned-food drives in the state, held each year to benefit the Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina. In the 16-year history of the event, more than 2 million pounds of food have been donated by fairgoers.

See more information on the Food Lion Hunger Relief Day page

7. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

And we haven't even mentioned the price of food! I love the food, but is also VERY expensive. Last year a lemonade was $5.00. I love the tempura vegetables, and they were $8.00 I think? By the time my family (of 4) buys lunch and a something sweet like funnel cake or fried candy bar, we've easily spent $40-$50. We still spend the money because it's only once a year. It's priceless to see how much my girls enjoy the rides and food. As long as we can afford it, we will go!