Kaci or kdc

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Sherry A., Oct 15, 2011.

1. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

One of you made the most awesome chicken casserole when I was sick and my daughter and I would love the receive.

Sherry

2. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

you could probably make one yourself, just ask for the recipe.

3. elims

elims Well-Known Member

:lol:

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Check your PM's. And I will tell my MIL, it's her recipe. :grouphug:

5. blessed2adopt2

blessed2adopt2 Well-Known Member

I need to make a casserole for a friend. Would you mind sharing?

6. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

May we have it also?

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Chicken Casserole

It's nothing fancy to be sure, but it's good comfort food, travels and reheats well. It's also easy to double if you have to feed a crowd.

1 pound chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
    1 can cream of celery soup
    1 can cream of chicken soup
    1 can of milk
    1 to 2 boxes stuffing, prepared

Mix the cooked chicken, the soups and milk in a casserole dish, add some pepper to taste, it should have enough salt with the soup. Blend well. Top evenly with prepared stuffing. (I use 2 boxes of Stove Top, you can use just one, but I like it with more stuffing) Bake at 350 degrees until hot and bubbling and stuffing gets slightly crispy on top, usually about 30 minutes.

Your favorite stuffing or homemade would work just fine. This is just the way we do it when time is an issue. I pressure cook my chicken in broth with poultry seasoning and a little butter, you can just boil it the same way, it's just not quite as tender. Once the chicken is cooked through, I let it cool a bit and then shred it apart by hand and remove any icky bits. I would imagine you could cook a whole chicken and use the meat that way too.

I've also found it easier to mix the two soups and the milk together in a bowl with a whisk before I put in in the casserole dish.

Nothing to it!!

Enjoy! :cheers:

Yes, I know it's a salt bomb, this is not intended to be a "healthy" recipe. 8) Oh, and get the Cambell's soup, the store brands taste awful in this. LOL

8. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

My mom does one similar to this. The only difference is that she uses Pepperidge Farm bread crumbs instead of stuffing and she layers everything. Chicken on bottom, 1/2 milk and one soup mixture, bread crumbs, chicken, other soup and milk mixture, top with bread crumbs. It is sooooooo good! One of my favorite comfort foods! It's also so easy to make and refridgerate or freeze for cooking later and it reheats well (almost better) once it's already cooked. Yum, yum!

9. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Thanks so much, Kdc. We are excited.

My phone spells words however it wants.:lol:

10. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

This is one of our favorite dinners too! I have some left over in my fridge right now. The only difference is the cream of celery soup is not on my ingredient list. I'll have to try it that way next time. My guys prefer stove top to pepperidge farm stuffing and I use a whole chicken most of the time. I use the broth to drop in some pastry strips to serve with it on the side. Yum.

kdc...you should write a cookbook! Be sure to include the apple butter recipe...yum!! :mrgreen:

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:lol: I'm just good at snatching other folks' recipes if it's somethign I like! LOL

Glad you enjoyed the apple butter!

I had never had anything like that growing up (my family wasn't big on casseroles) and the first time I had it at my DH's house, I loved it. I swear to you, my MIL did not give me the directions until after we were married. :lol:

12. elims

elims Well-Known Member

That's funny, I grew up with casseroles ... but couldn't stand 'em!! Now, I love 'em ... trying to collect recipes! Especially easy/comfort-food recipes ... nummy nummy! Thanks for sharing!!

13. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I have been married over 20 years and I am still waiting for my MIL's banana pudding and corn pudding recipes. :? Crazy old woman! :jester:

And, yes, the apple butter is wonderful! Thank you!

14. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I use to love my ex wife's tuna casserole and my moms string bean casserole

15. smallone

smallone Well-Known Member

KDC- is the can of milk just the same size can as the "cream of soups"?
    I'm confused.
    I'm thinking of making this monday night

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Curious, how do you go about asking your ex for a recipe and then would you dare make and eat it? :jester:

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Yes, I just use the can I just emptied with milk out of the fridge. Sorry if it wasn't clear.

18. smallone

smallone Well-Known Member

thanks- just making sure!

19. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

:) well she wasn't my ex at the time I was eating it. She was the current.

20. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

eating what???