Cannot imagine what these parents are thinking

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Boxwood977, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Boxwood977

Boxwood977 Active Member

Seriously - in this rain some parents are driving kids around or walking them around the neighborhood and for what - a lousy candy bar? I was so upset I shut off my lights to the front of my house because I could not stand to see kids soaking wet and holding out bags to get a piece of candy.

2. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

yeah, coddle the kids even more, whats wrong w/ singing in the rain??

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

:withstupid: As a kid I remember Halloween being almost as good as Christmas, but a little bit more fun. We went rain or shine, the car actually was a good idea here.

4. BuzzMyMonkey

stupid???

5. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I agree! My kids were so sad that it was raining tonight. They had such a good attitude that we had to let them go to few houses. I'm not ashamed that my husband and my dad drove around to a couple of houses. It's just rain. It meant a lot to my girls.

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Sorry I took it out on you, just in a bit of a ***** mood cause my parents wouldn't take me around for Halloween!

7. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

:lol:

8. BuzzMyMonkey

No problemo I certainly wasn't agreeing with OP by any means. I never recalled rain killing or hurting anyone, enjoy rain or shine.

9. BuzzMyMonkey

Let me know next year, you can ride with us.

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Thanks Monkey! :cheers:

11. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

:roll: have fun eating all the "lousy candy bars" you saved by turning your lights off. :lol:

12. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Is it still bothering you? I bet its just killing ya aint it?

13. Boxwood977

Boxwood977 Active Member

Yes it does still bother me....it's candy for crying out loud. Seeing a soaking wet kid that is freezing cold just doesn't seem to be so important to get that piece of candy.

14. BuzzMyMonkey

one of those life lessons about perseverance,

15. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Its not about the candy only. Its about the kids spending all month of October planning on what they want to be, getting the costume, sharing their costumes with friends, going to school and hearing what their friends are going to be and so forth. The last week or so before Halloween its an even more frenzy as the kids actually get the costumes, the parents going to the store or several stores trying to find the right parts and pieces and so on. Its just like Christmas for these young kids. They get to dress up, play a part like their super hero or something they want to be when they grow up and they get to be that "thing" for a few hours. Then, according to you, they should have that taken away from them because of rain? When their parents could drive them around or walk them around with umbrellas just so the kids could have those few moments that they have been waiting for all month?

Its not just about the candy.

Sleep well.

16. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

I have to say I remember going out in the rain. My folks would take us and we did not go to as many houses, but we did go out. When my kids were little, I took them out when it was raining also. They had coats on and we had umbrellas and the car was warm. When we got home, we would have some hot chocolate and see what they got.

17. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

:iagree:

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Dern, and I thought I was a Halloween Scrooge! I'd have been thrilled to have a trick or treater. I didn't even bother to buy candy this year.

19. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Mrs Wulf took Wulf Jr out in the rain.....crazy as a ****house rat I say.

Damn if I was going out in it.

20. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I doubt the parents took them out at gunpoint. Sometimes you have to sacrifice for things if you want them bad enough (unless you are a Democrat....heehee). In this case, kids must have figured candy was worth getting wet for so I say ....who cares?