Cannot imagine what these parents are thinking

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Boxwood977, Oct 31, 2011.

1. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I'm sure the children can't wait to run home and open those juice pouches...:rolleyes:

2. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

They don't wait. I also put out a trash can for the empties.

3. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I took Little Bit to the science museum last night. It was fun for her, dry for me. She didn't get a lot of candy there, but she had a good time, which is what really counts.

When we got home, the rain had slacked a little, and my oldest DD volunteered to take her little sister out for a while, so I drove them around to a dozen houses or so.

She still got a nice haul, and she was thrilled. One lady even gave my oldest, who wasn't in costume, nor asking for candy, a full size candy bar, because she thought it was sweet that she was toting her little sister around.

We had some trick or treaters, not as many as last year, but still a decent number.

4. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

That's what I don't understand! If you're old enough to drive, at least dress up when you trick-or-treat. :lol:

5. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

:lol: No you didn't!

6. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

:mrgreen: I <3 U

7. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

They should've done what we did, show back up when you were upstairs sleeping w/ eggs, tomatoes, soap and toilet paper. LOL

8. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I don't sleep

9. keemom

keemom Well-Known Member

We went trick or treating every year ON Halloween, in the rain, the freezing cold, and the snow. Our poor parents froze as we went house to house, loving it! Now it was my turn. My mom and I drove my 5 year old around our neighborhood, stopping at each driveway that had a porch light on. I held the umbrella over her, and she had a dance leo-My Friend, tights, pants and a sweatshirt under her costume and a wig on her head. She's been excited for 2 months to be "Tangled" (Rapunzel) and there was no way I was taking that away from her! Standing inside your house handing out candy is the easy part, those kids deserved a treat for braving the weather and having fun anyway.

10. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

We had about 8 or 9 Trick or Treaters. They were sooo cute.

I think the juice bag idea is a good one. Maybe I'll do that next year so I don't have to eat all of the leftover candy. :)

11. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

We went to a family party this year. Nice change up from the last 20 years of trick or treaters, wet, dry, or teenager. :mrgreen:

And yes, to the original poster, I did take my kids out in the rain, this year (to the party) and in years past. I want them to take care of me in my old age or at least find me a nice home. :jester: It's called making memories and kids remember more than you think. As someone here said, it has nothing to do with the candy. We took all the good stuff while they slept anyway. 8)

12. busymama

busymama Well-Known Member

:lol:

13. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

We took our DD to trunk or treat at our church which turned out great thanks to the rain we moved everything inside :) We got home and the rain had stopped so we hit a few of our fave neighbors. All in all a success!

14. Josey Wales

Josey Wales Well-Known Member

Now now. That's no way to make memories. Trick-or-treat while you still can. It won't last long.
    Ketchup or mayo. ROTFLMAO!!!

15. FrameMaMa

FrameMaMa Well-Known Member

We usually get over a hundred trick or treaters, but this year we probably only got a third of that...there were plenty that braved the rain, and I was glad to see it.

When me and my brothers were little, we stayed out for hours rain or shine! We would come home soaked to the bone with our soggy pillow cases stuffed with as much candy as we could carry.

My dad was always waiting for us to return so he could check our candy bags...or as we called them, "loot"
    Good times8)

16. pausane

pausane Guest

70s Halloween

I remember running wild through the streets sans parents in the 70s in our costumes (never store bought except for some long scraggly wigs or really ugly unrealistic floppy rubber masks). If we didn't get candy at a house it was unusual - everyone seemed to have their lights on. If they were at home with their lights off serious consideration was given as to the application of TP, shaving cream, raw eggs, etc. I haven't seen vandalism like that in years. Of course, this was up Nawth.

17. trev47

trev47 Well-Known Member

I was pleasantly surprised at the turn out. We buy more candy every year than the year before and give almost all of it away. This year we had our last trick or treater at almost 10:00. I am glad that the kids toughed it out!

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

19. cmdknw06

cmdknw06 Well-Known Member

We took Mini out in the rain (quick...call social services) b/c he was DETERMINED to go. We stayed for about an hour and a half and I finally made him call it quits.

Major kudo's to the house who gave out "monsterita's" to the parents walking their children! That was the best house EVER!