Why you don't shop and eat at the same time.

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by CraigSPL, Nov 1, 2011.

1. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

I see people eating things all the time in grocery stores including Wally World. In many instances they put the containers or wrapping on some shelf when finished. The guy that panhandles at the stop light on US 70 going into Clayton Wal-Mart starts in the produce eating and continues working his way to the back. Eating all the time. One time I saw him proceed through the store and exit the auto area. My blood pressure rises every time I see this. It is stealing!

2. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Add another reason to the "Why I never go to Wal-Mart" list. The last thing I want to see is someone walking around the store eating while I am shopping. That's just gross. I can't believe people even eat those free samples. :ack:

Don't even get me started on the salad bars and/or buffets. :ack::ack::ack:

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

DS talked us into the buffet up at 4042 because of the new choc fountain and the cotton candy. NEVER, EVER again. I got so grossed out I literally could not finish my dinner and asked DH if we could leave. He was as :ack: as I was.

4. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

:iagree: The fact that the couple didn't purposely steal the food says it all to me. It was an honest mistake. To take the kid away from them over two sandwiches was totally insane.

5. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

A while back I saw a lady walking around Walmart shopping in home goods and eating a small pizza. :roll:

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Did she buy it in the store restaurant?

7. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

They should have taken the sandwiches to the register, paid for them then continued their shopping.

8. Josey Wales

Josey Wales Well-Known Member

Me too. It says you are dangerously gullible. Be careful.

When shoplifters are caught red-handed, whats the first thing they say? Anyone who has worked in retail can tell you: "I meant to pay for it, I swear." Most shoplifters have the money in their pockets to back up this claim.

Not eating in a grocery store is like not trying on socks, underwear, Chap-stick, or deodorant before buying them, or not talking on a cell phone in a theater. You either had parents who taught you well, or you had enough common sense to figure it out by yourself. For everyone else, you're the weirdos that entertain the rest of us. My craving for ...pretty much the rest of my grocery list ...went away when I saw you nom nom nomming on your slimy banana. Thanks.

9. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Probably. But I don't want her feeling up products I may purchase with greasy pizza fingers. :p

Oh! Look at that pretty salad bowl! ****. Someone smeared spit and pizza sauce on it..why'd they do a thing like that?..oh yeah...towels are two aisles over.

Eat at the restaurant.

Not you Hugh, I know you live in an airport :( I'm just sayin... you know what I'm sayin...

10. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

just practicing lol

11. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

And most shoplifters don't pay for $50 worth of goods just so they could steal a $5 item.

Update:
    Safeway drops sandwich theft charges

12. Allioop

I'm not sure if eating in the store was a habit for the couple. If so, them shame on them. If, however, this was an isolated event and they had intended to pay for the sandwiches as they described, I don't think they deserved to be treated that way.JMO.

13. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I'll bet she won't forget to pay again.

14. Allioop

:cheers: She probably won't eat anything again in a grocery store before she pays for it.