SIZE 0 CLOTHES???

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by harleygirl, Nov 4, 2011.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

So... I'm planning a trip to the dreadded mall Thursday to do my winter wardrobe shopping and I need to know which stores @ Crabtree carry size 0 or 00 LONG/TALL pants (yes they make 00's) I've been looking online and not coming up with much as far as what stores carry the smaller sizes. Help me. Ya'll know how much I LOVE shopping right? :ack::ack::ack:

I KNOW these stores have 0's or 00's in a LONG/TALL cut ...

Ann Taylor (0's are 2 big)
    Cache (0's are 2 big)
    Gap (0's are 2 big, except 0 skirts fit ~ whatever)
    Express (0's are 2 big)
    Banana Republic ~ 00's work but it's hit or miss depending on the style of pants

Do you see a pattern here... :?

Seriously, I have bought clothes in the kids department before, but these clothes are for work and need to be NICE.

so, do you know of any stores that carry nice clothes for skinny women? Price dont matter.

TIA
    <3 yall

2. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Old Navy has cute clothes both casual and dressy starting at a size XS. Go on their website and see if you can find anything and I have a good coupon code!!

3. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Try American Eagle maybe? I was in the dressing room last weekend, and I think there was a girl trying on 00. Just not sure if they have anything dressy enough if it's work?

4. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

My step-daughter was a 0 or 00 all through her teens. She also had to buy long pants. She's about 5' 10". She always shopped at the trendy stores: Abercrombie and Fitch, American Eagle or Hollister. I don't know if those clothes are "too teen-agerish" :lol: though. I know they run small. She was tiny!

5. harleygirl

Well I'm 5"5 and MOST of my shoes/boots have at least a 4" heel so I need the pants to be LONG, not b/c I'm tall but b/c of my fab shoes. :lol:

My eyeballs hurt from looking at clothes.

Thanks yall, keep the stores coming...

6. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

HG, try White House Black Market. I buy the majority of my work clothes there and while $$, they are nice. Once you buy a certain dollar amount, you are part of their "club" and automatically receive 5% off each purchase and they run good sales.

Also, with WHBM, you will have a "helper" assigned to you and they bring bukoos of outfits for you to try on. While some find this pushy and annoying for "just looking", I hate shopping like you do. And when I actually have to do it, I welcome someone waiting on me hand and foot because I'm going to spend a lot and want it as painless and quick as possible. Just a heads up for you. Good luck!!

7. englishbullymom

My #2 store for work clothes is Brooks Brothers. I have found that their stuff tends to run smaller and they have about 3 different "cuts" in their pants. I buy my dress slacks here because I now know my size and just walk in and purchase them. Don't fall over at the price-1 pair is usually $120-$140, but they are fully lined and I seriously wear them for 5 years before replacing, and they still look good then, but usually the lining has worn out. I buy a pair in each color and then I'm done for 4-5 years for pants/skirts!!! Their tops/sweaters I just cannot justify paying the $$ for, but the bottoms rock!

8. harleygirl

yep I forgot about them in my original list
    also same problem 0's are 2 big. :banghead::banghead:

9. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Ok ... how many other ladies read this thinking ...'I wish I had this problem'???

10. englishbullymom

Hmm, can you find the smallest of them all and have the pants altered?? I have to have EVERYTHING I buy for work and even jeans altered to fit my waist/hips/butt:lol: I know it must be frustrating and while I'm sure you look great with your tiny self, lol, it's not a problem I would want either. I'm 5'7" with a 29in inseam because I have short legs but a long torso. Nobody believes me when I tell them to bring me "short" pants and then they just don't look right:banghead: THe things we go thru to look good!!

11. Allioop

Tell me about it! I've never been a zero or a two! About two weeks ago I was trying on my winter pants from last year and could hardly button them. I've been running on the treadmill everyday since then. :lol:

12. harleygirl

I dropped 35 lbs and don't want/need to loose anymore weight, most people would think I'm "too skinny" but I've got a teeny weeny bone structure and at 103 lbs dont look like a skeleton by any stretch of the imagination 8) Well, if I hit 100 that would be cool.

EBM, I'll try them again, who knows.

13. Allioop

Having other sizes altered is a great idea...it can get pricey though. I have a friend who lost weight and was able to get some of her size 4 pants and skirts altered to a zero.

14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Chico's

15. harleygirl

OMG!!! They have 000's LMAO

VERY cute stuff!!! Thanks!!!!!! :cheers:

16. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Ok, this is ridiculous. How many 0's can you possibly have? And what does a size 0 mean anyway?

Why can't women's clothes have sizes that mean something? I often see a nice top that I know my gf would like, but I can't buy it because I have no idea what size she wears from that particular store (yes a size 6 at one store might be a size 8 at another).

I certainly can't just take a chance because if I'm wrong, whatever I tried to guess says something. If I guess too big, she thinks I'm saying I think she's overweight. If I guess too small, then it means I'm trying to show her she's overweight. I can't win.

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

"like":lol:

18. harleygirl

Clif, it's INSANE!!! A 0 at Banana Republic isn't the same size at Ann Taylor. It makes me soooooo crazy. The people who make womens clothes just want us to feel better because we can wear a certain size at one store but not another and we'll go BACK to the store where we bought the smaller size even thought it's not REALLY our size.

Does that make sense? I'm ready to go home. :lol:

19. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

No it does not. And it's also starting to happen with mens clothes. It used to be you could buy 36's and, if you measured them, they would be 36". Now some places when you buy 36's they are actually 38" measured.

20. shygrrl

shygrrl Well-Known Member

Clif, two words: GIFT CARD

You will never win in that circumstance~